The IT Thread - Your questions

My Android did the same a few weeks ago. I posted on here at the time to see if anyone else’s had but it was just me at the time. I can’t remember where I posted it now.
I think it’s done it again since too, pretty much every app on the phone.

Kind of an IT question.

We have an older flat screen TV, not a Smart version. We’ve got Amazon Prime video access but watching it together on a MacBook is a bit of a pain. How do we watch on our old TV?

Easy options please, I can be a bit of a technophobe!

Have you got a Tivo box or anything with your cable provider if you have one, we can access it via our Virgin Media box, and Netflix etc. as the TV is old as well.

Or, you might be able to get a cable from your MacBook to HDMI, but with it being an Apple device a new TV might not be much more expensive!

1 Like
1 Like

Or if you have a games console

get a Roku Express stick - slot into a HDMI hole, configure to your wifi setup, and you can access Amazon prime from there. I think you get more channel options than the Firestick

Sky Q and Amazon isn’t one of the options. Got Netflix etc on it, just no Amazon

Firestick/Roku what’s the easiest?

HDMI might be an option. Or a new TV🙃 had this one for at least 10 years

not used Firestick but Roku is easy enough to set up - use it on the dining/kitchen dumb TV (main TV is a smart Sony bought last year)

we’ve got a chromecast - that way can fire pretty much any app over to it. Netflix, Prime, BBC, YouTube etc etc

the Smart TV has that built in… :slight_smile:

fcuk me - my iPhone has 22 app updates this morning!

How many apps do you have :flushed:

rather a lot - probably more than I need but I have enough space for them

Right, this is doing my head in. Done all the online suggestions, and even went into the Office to do a clean reinstall of Office on the secure LAN.

So, I cannot upload or edit any documents on the server as I keep getting " there is a problem with the website’s security certificate"

Before I have to sit in the Helpdesk queue for hours, any ideas?

That’s usually at their end and will probably be aware.

However, you aren’t still using internet explorer are you? Microsoft have stopped supporting it and lots of things will stop working if you persist with it.

1 Like

I’ve had something similar and IT have had to update a security certificate on the server, nothing I could do. Hope they have nice music while you’re in the queue :musical_note:

1 Like

Azure or AWS?

I’ve done a bit of Azure, but most clients seem to be going to AWS.

Do I stick with the Azure learning pathway, or switch to AWS?

Azure is a much broader platform though? But slightly locked into their products.

1 Like

I think both are going to be around for a while. I think I see more AWS than Azure but Azure is still very much out there. I don’t see a great deal of GCP, they really don’t seem to have gained a great deal of ground

1 Like