The Mince Pie thread

Revisiting a TT classic thread! But I have sinned, already eaten my first mince pie of the year, a Sainsburys Taste the Difference brandy infused pie, good crumbly pastry, deep filled with decent mincemeat. Will buy again solid 8/10

7 Likes

Right I’m going to get this in early. I can’t stand mincepies. Horrid

Not taking questions at this time.

7 Likes

I’m with you on this, or Christmas Pudding and not mad on Christmas Cake either.

4 Likes

Both of you are correct.

4 Likes

The fuck is wrong with you lot?

(Except Hammerer, who is correct)

10 Likes

For some early balance, I will confess that I will eat mince pies by the half-dozen. I will attempt to wait until 1 December before I have my first though.

4 Likes

Snap!

Great effort from Sainsburys.

2 Likes

Wife bought some M&S ones the other week.

Normally I’d be keen from late November. October was taking the piss but I do love them.

They’ve got to be warm and bathing in cream though

1 Like

Too early. Mince pies are awesome but need to hold fire until December

2 Likes

Agreed.

Commuting home last night I noticed all the shops are full on Christmas now :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I am normally with you on that but I just couldn’t hold out, I tried but I am weak :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m with you on this, preferably brandy cream. Swimming pool depth

Holding out in mince pies
Already eaten a stollen and an iced fruit cake.

2 Likes

Less mincing about pies, more answering your DMs @Jgav

I ate my first half dozen at lunch today…… :flushed:

3 Likes

Answered!

1 Like

I’ve been eating Tesco Christmas sandwiches all week - pig in blankets, turkey and trimmings etc - pretty good tbh

3 Likes

Brilliant

I do like a turkey and all the trimmings meal deal

1 Like

We have egg nog and pies at members Christmas show - it’s either Tennents lager or egg nog. Not surprised the numbers are down

Never too early for a mince pie.
Everyone else is wrong.

4 Likes

I find Gregg’s mince pies to be the best. :drooling_face:

Will look forward to having my first one on the 1st December and not a moment before.