The motorcycle thread

Well done mate. Yep, I’d use ACF50 in your case with a bike outside. I use the XCP ‘light’ and it suits me for a garaged bike because it’s not as sticky as ACF50.

1 Like

Took the VFR out for an hour before the rain came. Just a gentle ride around the Surrey lanes and I spent almost as long cleaning her when I got back, but that’s all part of the fun.

6 Likes

How does it feel after the fork rebuild?

Much, much better. Seems more positive, compliant and less harsh. Just have a lot more confidence in the front end. I was tip-toeing around all the corners today, mind.

3 Likes

brilliant

I took the Dax for a quick spin on Saturday afternoon; the sun was out but there were still damp patches and wet leaves around the lanes.
The forks on that have absolutely no damping at all, they’re just springs in a tube, what with the little wheels and narrow bars it makes you appreciate modern suspension. :grimacing:

5 Likes

I was meant to go out for a bike ride today, but my foot flared up yesterday, so as it was dry I took the VFR out for a run to Newlands. Just a couple of hours pottering around the Surrey lanes.

4 Likes

Need a clean now? :grin:

1 Like

I’m avoiding mucky days at all costs. I’m a very fair-weather motorcyclist (and cyclist, for that matter!)

2 Likes

I went for a drive to Loomis earlier. The roads looked dry but the bikes were filthy. Mine stayed in the garage!

2 Likes

@FatPom Weather looks pretty decent so thought I might try and get along to Loomies, this weekend, for a cup of the world’s worst coffee. You around, or have you put the VFR away for the winter? I know you’ve got a lot going on at the moment, so no worries if not.

2 Likes

Ah bugger, that would have been great mate but we’re off to Somt to show Mum the Yaris. Could possibly do early Friday afternoon but I have to work in the morning.

No problem, buddy. Another time. :+1:

1 Like

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I do love a FFE (funny front end):stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

TESI, there’s a name I haven’t heard in a while!

1 Like

Left it too late to get to Loomies, so back to my usual Newlands Corner haunt. Waited until the frost had burnt off and had to whack on base layers, inner gloves, extra trousers. Took me 30 minutes to get out the house.

Once again, I was meant to be out on my bicycle but my foot flaring up meant that I can only do my 2 mile commute.

5 Likes

Lovely day for it mate. Watch that low sun!

2 Likes

MotoGP practice day, not sure if you’ll be watching later so spoiler alert!

MotoGP practice

Marques first ride on a Ducati, third fastest on his 6th lap, including out laps. Incredible.

3 Likes

New (well 2nd hand) jacket incoming.
I’ve had my eye on one these for a while and one came up on eBay for £50 “buy it now” a while ago so I bought it and the seller immediately cancelled the transaction with no explanation at all. (Probably had a better offer)
I’ve seen a few come and go since but always a couple of hundred quid and got this for £67 so we’ll see what turns up. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes
Summary

His face when he took his helmet off :joy:

2024 is looking good for him.

1 Like