The motorcycle thread

Thanks mate. Need to buy some stuff to get rid of the sticky gunk that’s on the tank from an old tank protector. I think 3M do some adhesive remover, that I’ll give a try.

1 Like

Just watching some AMS on Youtube. MV Augusta, we need to talk, how on earth did you go from this

to this! :face_vomiting:

Enjoyed a little potter around the Surrey back lanes, this afternoon. Timed it perfectly as it started to rain as I pulled up outside home.

7 Likes

I’m hoping the roads are dried out tomorrow, been ages since I’ve ridden.

2 Likes

That would look better with a whiter bulb in it - xenon or even LED.

1 Like

Yes, you’re right. I want to do a bit of weekend touring and I’m not happy with the lights. I’d like to be a bit more conspicuous. I’m going to look at improving the lights and maybe putting some additional front side lights on.

1 Like

Have a look at the latest Bike Social clip with John Millbank, he’s reviewing a Chinese ADV but at the end talks about some Oxford lights he’s added, (he has some rear ones on his VFR).

He’s doing a separate clip just about those.

1 Like

Isn’t every Chinese bike an adventure?

Can’t find the “Boast about your birthday present” thread so this one will have to do, I’m very much looking forward to the weather breaking and getting on with fixing up the garage so MrsS… gifted me stuff to fix to the wall to decorate it. Wayne Gardner and Kevin Schwantz, my two moto heros. I’d like a Lawson poster but they weren’t cheap so maybe another day for that one. A1 in size, 40" x 30", they’re a good size.

(These are difficult to photo because of the reflection so you’ve got the kitchen and lounge in the Gardner picture (the TV is the blue blur on the right), I’ve blurred the floor because I couldn’t be arsed to clear up the dog mud/crap and the Schwantz picture shows the kitchen and back door. If anyone complains I’ll post a picture of my feet.)

7 Likes

I was never much of a Gardner fan, not a hater either. I do remember the pics of Donna running down the track when he won the Oz GP.
He was hard to like off the track but got the job done and you to admire anyone that could tame those 500s!

I did love to watch number 34 though! Big big fan of his.

1 Like

I like Donna but I was shocked to find out she’s not Remy’s mother! How long have I not been paying attention?

The first Philip Island race sets Gardner apart ('89) there was absolutely no way he wasn’t going to win. He’d campaigned for a long time to get the race and it was his to own. The 1990 race was where his fairing broke and was flapping around and he still won.

2 Likes

Weather dried up quickly, this afternoon and needed to avoid doing any work so got out on the VFR for a couple of hours and a couple of coffees. Stopped at Newlands and then Boxhill. A really pleasant afternoon.

4 Likes

World Superbikes :facepunch:

1 Like