The motorcycle thread

:grin:

3 Likes

Looked quite dry for a while, so another loop to Newlands for coffee. Bike running beautifully; let’s see how long it lasts. Had another look at the wiring diagram for the VFR and the old regulator/rectifier shared a common ground with the fuel pump and has a common output with the spark unit. This makes me hopeful that screwy voltages coming out of it would cause the cutting out issue. Have the bike a really good run and when I arrived at Newlands and when I got home, it was again, barely above ambient temperature. :crossed_fingers::+1:

I’ve been converting the wattage cottage into something more conducive to maintaining an old bike. Still a few things to sort, but getting there. Fully committed to only cycling outdoors now.

6 Likes

Nice, how beefy is that air compressor? Tyre pressures or air tools?

very nice

1 Like

Yep, got a small range of air tools although so far, only used for air cleaning.

1 Like

Out on the Viffer. Interesting bike next to mine !
It’s lovely and warm , broke out the leather jacket :grin:

4 Likes

Eye candy for you stroker boys :grin:

5 Likes

Took the VFR down to Ryka’s and then a little blast along the A29. Ryka’s was rammed with people using the overflow carpark. There was a Ducati dealership doing a demo day, so lots of ducatis about.
This was my favourite bike, though.

6 Likes

Lovely pics mate. We had a massive cohort of patch clubs turn up and I got parked in by two Hell’s Angels, had to ask them to move ( PLEASE). I’m still alive :rofl:

For a Saturday, I had some lovely stretches of road to myself of was able to pass cars easily. The more I ride this bike, the more I love it, especially after lowering the ride height a bit. I’d still like some Road Pilots on there.

I went back to loomies after a spin in the country and this RD250 was there looking lovely. Also saw my first RE Super Meteor in the flesh, they are larger than the pics would suggest, not my thing though.

3 Likes

Managed to get out on the Rocket for an hour. Saw loads of Harleys riding in groups so thought something was going on. Turns out there was a custom show at Malvern.
Booked in for MOT on Wednesday so wanted to give it a quick run and put the full size number plate back on.

3 Likes

Cracking Motogp race :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Yep, I watched it live on Sunday then saw there were highlights on ITV4 the other night so watched it again :grin:
Off to get the Rocket MOT’d shortly, don’t want to tempt fate but it’s usually a fairly cursory inspection, the guy even goes outside to have a fag halfway through so it doesn’t look like he’s done it too quick on the DVLA computer.
Weather is looking Ok too, although a bit nippy so :crossed_fingers:on a number of levels.

3 Likes

M-cycle is currently parked on the patio while I smash the garage/shed up to create some space to work on it. I miss my m-cycle.

4 Likes

Who’s your money on for the title? Could be anyone of 5 at this point.

Edit: 6 thinking about it, forgot about Pedro.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s really tough to pick.
If I had to I think I’d probably go for Peco again on the basis he’s got that mentality of looking at the bigger picture and the season/championship as a whole rather than individual races. Not the most exciting but probably works out over the season, a bit of a Prost to the other Sennas, who I probably enjoy more as racers but lose too many points over the duration.

2 Likes

Is that the Aprillia under there, @AndyS ? Made any progress on it since last year?

Probably a good call.

The bookies odds are:
Jorge Martin 13/8
Francesco Bagnia 9/4
Marc Marquez 9/2
Maveric Vinales 6/1
Pedro Acosta 6/1
Enea Bastianini 6/1

2 Likes

I know Peco has dragged himself back before but Enea was injured, Mav hadn’t become bat mav, Marc was on Honda and Pedro was kicking arse in Moto2. I wouldn’t rule him out but I don’t think he’s going to find it as easy(!) this year.

I’m not yet convinced Mav has solved his head. He’s had a couple of stunning weekends but one swallow doesn’t make a summer.

Marc is still getting to grips with a new crew chief and bike. Factorys generally leave the satellite teams behind in the second half of the year so Marc needs to make hay now.

Pedro. I wouldn’t bet against him.

Jorge. He seems to override when the pressure is on. Hopefully he’ll find the last pieces this year. He deserves it.

Enea. I’m not sure. At least he’s fit now.

I think that means I have no idea. Enjoying finding out though.

3 Likes

No, none. :laughing:

I’ve got bits all over the place so really need to get on with it.

1 Like

MOT passed, 336 miles since last one so it’s hardly surprising nothing’s worn out, although it could seize up I suppose.
I must make a conscious effort to get out more this year. I’ve knocked Tri training on the head and can skulk off to the gym at lunchtime if required so I really don’t have any excuse not to get out the odd evening/weekend.

4 Likes