The motorcycle thread

Yep…i so nearly bought one…

Dug out a photo of my old VFR400. God, I loved that bike. Hot, noisy, terribly uncomfortable and utterly useless for commuting.

3 Likes

I had one of these, along with two CBR400RRs An NC 23 and an NC29.

Loved all three, but I could never ride them much more than an hour before getting chronic lower back an wrist pain.

They are built for Japanese Arses.

2 Likes

My girlfriend at the time, didn’t think much of the pillion seat.

1 Like

The CBRs were a little more ‘vibey’ she might have liked them better…

Well, we did split up soon after so it was obviously the bike that wasn’t up to scratch.

1 Like

One of my first bikes was a 400 Four - I must try and find a photo of it…

2 Likes

I love the jap market 250/400s, they’re exquisite little bikes with far more technology/detail than would be put into those capacities elsewhere due to their licensing rules.
I’d have loved one but they’re just physically too small for me and I look ridiculous on one. I had an SP1 (RC51) briefly and whilst it was fantastic bike in its element, I just couldn’t get on with it the rest of the time as it was just too cramped. (The prices went mad after I got rid of it too :grimacing:)

2 Likes

SP1 was a nice bike, right up there with the TL1000 widow maker!

1 Like

Yep, had one of those too. Think the widow maker reputation was from lighter riders that didn’t work the odd rotary shock that well. I never had an issue with it, was a really good bike and the way it boomed out of corners was addictive.
I only got rid of it because I was riding with a mate on an R1 at the time and he was killing me on the straights, meaning I was taking liberties on the brakes and through corners to keep up. I traded it for a Hayabusa!

3 Likes

Yeah my mate had one, I loved it and so did he ( sadly it got nicked). I didn’t think much of the faired S version though.

Do you know there is a new ‘busa’ out?

1 Like

I didn’t but just had a quick look. I like it, a bit less jelly mold than the previous one, but that exhaust would have to go, what a monstrosity!

Yeah, looks like Euro5 hit that thing hard. I don’t think it has any more power than the old one either.

1 Like

Valentino Rossi about to go in his last Moto GP race on British soil, end of an era.
I last went when the 500cc 2 strokes were still around but had I got my arse in gear sooner I would have gone this weekend too. Have to settle for TV.

2 Likes

He really has been there and seen and done it all. I was a big fan (still am but rarely follow it now). My two favourite riders were Max Biaggi in his 250 era and Dajiro Kato, again a 250 genius.

I do miss the 500s screaming and the smell of Castrol R!

3 Likes

I could never afford one of these when they came out but they’re cheap as chips now. (probably been wheelied to death though), Those headlights :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Looks like Short Circuit, but a bike.

5 Likes

I’m absolutely itching to get another bike after a couple of years out. My last bike was a 17 plate V-Strom which was kindly written off by the side of a car being driven by an older gentleman turning into my path :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Looks like it was inspired by an Andy Sparrow’s Blood Runners cartoon. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

There is a smaller 675 version, which at the time was the most stolen bike on the planet!

1 Like