The motorcycle thread

This is the fuel leak from carb2. I think im going to have to get them all off and check it over.

https://youtube.com/shorts/-zwUaqxwHtA?feature=share

Ooh, yeah. That’s quite a lot. Better not ignore it. :fire:

1 Like

That’s enough to suggest either something is not seated on a lip or a seal is failing/busted.

I couldn’t afford that leak these days :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, I was rather worried when I saw it. A few more drips and I think it would have been the cost of an Ironman entry.

2 Likes

Sorted the fuel leak. A schoolboy error as I just hadn’t properly tightened down the 4 screws that hold on the float bowl cover, in fact they were barely hand tight.

So to be fair to @Bob the motor was running lumpy and I listened to a couple of similar engines on YouTube and they didn’t sound like mine. Anyway, it’s only running on 3 cylinders so I’m going to have a look to see if there’s anything obvious with the spark plug, other wise I’ll be getting a multimeter out to find out where the issue is.

3 Likes

Glad the carbs were an easy fix. Fingers crossed the 4th cylinder will be too.

I hear triples are popular these days :slightly_smiling_face:

Terrifying picture of Peter Hickman spinning the back wheel to turn the bike at 180mph inches from a wall. That’s real short circuit stuff in my mind.
There’s a whole discussion about it on May Oxley’s Twitter.

3 Likes

The problem with RWS on a road circuit is the tendency for the surface to load and unload the suspension which is the last thing the rear needs when it’s spinning. The propensity for the rear to grip violently again must be very high.

2 Likes

New shinny coolant spigot. Outrageously expensive but shinny so worth it. Carbs are on their way back to me. It’s coming together slowly.

8 Likes

Filth.

1 Like

Carbs are back and looking clean. He didn’t send the cables back which is a bit annoying but not a disaster.

3 Likes

Looks great!

1 Like

A few curios from tonight’s local ride-in. Particularly liking the rotary, the more you looked at it the weirder it got, just look at those pipes.

3 Likes

I like the Kettle :+1:

1 Like

This lives somewhere round Worcester, it’s been in loads of magazines and I’ve seen it on the road a couple of times but never parked up.

3 Likes

Spondon?

Izax (you can just make it out down by the swingarm pivot) but I’m pretty sure that was one of the Spondon guys who went solo anyway, so near enough :grin:

1 Like

I did wonder if this might be the case at the time but didn’t feel right to speculate or question the victims of the incident then. Sharing a hotel room or motorhome for the 2 weeks, it must be easily done. Still a shocking period for their families regardless of any fault/blame.

2 Likes

Keith Huewen* mentioned recently that they had a history of swapping tags as a kind of a ritual / lucky talisman. Surprisingly this seems to have been unknown to the families.

*I’m loathe to quote him. I like him but he always seems to be 40 years out of date.

4 Likes