The Pain Cave & Shed Awards

and a Haynes manual

1 Like

Always. Love a bit of Ti.

No self- respecting shed should be without one, although This one is for bikes and nothing auto related.

Absolutely, I’ve got at least one for a car I don’t even own anymore

1 Like

DaveM - Sorry to hear that, as I do remember your epic pool house.

Based on the current entries, it looks like I will be submitting an entry for the ‘Dentist’ category…

I built this Summerhouse at the bottom of my garden back in 2008.

This was my original set up and my turbo training peaked at over 5,000 km in 2014.

Unfortunately, by 2015 I was in the middle of my epic car building project (see car thread).

Which led to a collapse in my training routines and left the Summer House looking like this. :open_mouth:

With all the family bikes just thrown in here, as the old garden shed was now crammed full too. :roll_eyes:

Roll forward to 2019 and the car is on the road and I have a new (& bigger) shed. :smiley:

Which allowed me to rearrange my storage and the turbo set up to make use of an old flat screen TV.
( The built in DVD player had packed up, so I rigged up a separate DVD unit to it. )

Do I get a bonus point for hanging art on the wall? :wink:

2017 was a big fat zero km on the bike/turbo. :frowning:

So, I’m pleased with over 1,800km on the turbo so far in 2019. :sunglasses:

Cheers, Paul. :slight_smile:

PS
I got this Tacx Flow second hand from Ebay.
As my original one had expired after I had racked up over 25,000km on it.

[Master Po] “At first, the rubber does not wear the steel.” [/Grasshopper]

8 Likes

Don’t know if this is gonna work but here is my offering

7 Likes

Two turbos and a running machine; surely straight into the dentist category too.

1 Like

A Swedish sauna vibe going on there @Paul_L :smiley:

1 Like

Kickr is very old and did loads of hours, Bluetooth stopped sending and it was big sausage to send it anywhere to get fixed so…Santa was kind

I find a smear ov vas with assos chamois cream over the top is best to stop the chaff, outside and in on the turbo.

Kettle is for hot water to wash the cars

It gets hot enough…!

OK, here are my ‘before’ offerings. Yes I know the cabling needs tidying. The boxes contain some Stelrad radiators that are being fitted on Thurs.

The fridge freezer is a Fisher & Paykel and one of only two appliances left in our house with an Aussie plug. (we don’t use it in garage much).

It’s more chaotic than usual because I had to shift everything up one end to get the door fitted.! Ecotile flooring going in next Tues.

6 Likes

Suspended racking is a nice touch! Bespoke too

1 Like

Also a white hard hat…Village People tribute act?

2 Likes

haha, left over from a HSE site visit, although, the way I go about DIY, probably best to keep it!

1 Like

Here’s me, pics are a bit duff. Haven’t actually made the space for the turbo yet. Need to get rid of the rolls of old underlay etc!

3 Likes

I see a part of your shed has also been taken over by a million cushions for outdoor seating.

Yep. Right pain in the ass! Takes up a heap of room!

@PaulL has a very nice dentist setup :+1:t3::ok_hand:t4:
@Duckhen is getting there with three TT bikes and a Shiv permanently on the trainer

@gingerbongo needs to run less and cut his grass and sort his garden out :wink::rofl:

Anyone know the Half Man Half Biscuit song about getting off Strava and cutting your f***ing hedges?

5 Likes

Pain cave and bike workshop. There are 4 more bikes in the garage

7 Likes

Very nice. How much for a de-scale and whitening? :grinning:

4 Likes