Trail & Ultra Running Thread

Well done Doug, great to hear you’re still in the game. Get Day 4 over and you’ve busted the back of it. :+1:

1 Like

Some long days out there @doug

Great work

How is the weather/midges?

1 Like

Wow Doug, brilliant. :+1::star_struck:

1 Like

Weather has been a real mixed bag sunshine showers.

Midges have been out but not too awful

5 Likes

Day 4 was miserable weather and although short was a very tough stage with a fair bit of rocky scramble and a long pathless section through bog, and many crossings of fast flowing rivers I lost my running glasses in one which made the final descent slow going. Spectacular waterfall though

Day 5 went a lot better a lot of it was very runnable and the weather was a lot better, sunshine and showers including a couple of brief hail storms.

10 Likes

Enjoying following you on Strava @doug. You’ve broken the back of it now, how’s the body holding up.

1 Like

Nice work Doug. day 4 looked like a killer!

1 Like

I’m holding together surprisingly well, one small blister and a couple of bumps and scrapes from falling over.

Long day tomorrow middle stretch looking very runnable

5 Likes

Yes day 4 was definitely my low point, weather horrendous, terrain was tough.

3 Likes

If anyone is bored it’s the Hardmoors 110/200 this weekend round glorious North Yorkshire :heart_eyes:

The Wolds and the Moors, stopping off at Poets house for fish & chips.

Can’t really comprehend covering 200 miles!

1 Like

ouch!

Calling @Toyota_Crown ?

2 Likes

Can’t see him on the list.

Doug you’re doing amazing. Well done for completing day 6. The pictures on Insta are stunning, weather looks awful though. Keep going Doug!!:blush:

4 Likes

Yep, what Anna said Doug, bring it home mate.

2 Likes

Thought I’d post this for those that are interested. :blush:

6 Likes

Looks brutal in the wet

2 Likes

Day 6 was the longest weather was a mixed bag, some prolonged heavy showers but also some sunshine. There’s a long stretch of fire road in the middle which helped eat up the miles, but did get a bit boring in the rain.

Day 7 was much better weather wise, but I woke up with a swollen right ankle and shin. Running was painful especially the technical descents and bog sections. Still made it round.

I am getting to that lighthouse tomorrow even if I have to hop

14 Likes

Great work @doug

Looks like it has been incredibly tough event

2 Likes

Well done Doug, nearly there :+1:

2 Likes