Trail & Ultra Running Thread

Thanks Anna. I feel pretty sad right now but it was always a gamble.

Definitely need to give my leg more time

1 Like

It’s always a crap feeling to not reach a goal. But hey, the start and the atmosphere look amazing. Hopefully next year you can be at the start line fit and healthy.

Now you can chill and dot watch the rest of HR100. Do you think Killian and Francois will have a sprint finish?

June I hope so. On the plus side. I’m at HQ now so can be at guest house for breakfast!

1 Like

What’s in June?

Now you’re just trying to make me jealous! You’re going to have a nice big plate full of English fried goodness. Yes I could make it here, but it’s not the same.

2 Likes

Nothing in June I was typing in a mini bus🤣

Here is the view from race HQ

8 Likes

Kudos for giving it a whirl

Enjoy breakfast and a good sleep

1 Like

Bad news FP, hope it gets better soon. At least you tried.

You didn’t know until you tried. Well done for getting out there. Like you say, time to rehab the injury now.

Enjoy your day in Cornwall. Soak up the atmosphere while you’re there. :+1:t3:

Thanks all. I couldn’t raise the owner of thff EV guest house. He wasn’t expecting me so I think he went out.
I cleaned myself up and have just pulled into Collumpton services on m5. Not quite what I had in mind🤣

2 Likes

Fair play for having a crack @FatPom - ok, not what you wanted but you answered the question - heal up and onto the next one!

1 Like

Changed my mind, that’s look crap. Heading to Mums. Full report later :+1:

1 Like

well done for toeing the start line - always difficult when you have to drop .

1 Like

tough one FP - but you gave it a go which is important

You were “actually in the arena” to steal from Teddy Roosevelt’s speech. Most others including myself were in bed. Well done.

4 Likes

Meanwhile at Hardrock….

4 Likes

Just got back from my run to see that I haven’t missed the finished - such an exciting race this year :grin:

Edit: Think Kilian’s got it now. Such an epic race, dot watching was so fun - in my little sad world :joy:

1 Like

Yep - looks like Kilian has moved well ahead

I also love a bit of dot watching :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks all. I’ll write more later when I’ve had a sleep.
Feels weird to be all the way here and the race is still going on. I felt that way SDW100

4 Likes

Looks like Kilian won in record time.

1 Like

Kilian’s just the best and nearly always delivers an exciting race. So glad he’s back racing too…
“Kilian Jornet (NNormal) wins the 2022 Hardrock 100 in 21:36:24. He breaks François D’Haene’s overall course record of 21:45:50 set last year”. (from irunfar twitter)

Courtney is having an amazing race too. Does anyone know if she is on course for a new record?