Training - What Training?!

Parkrun is back!!

Well that was a shock to the system. 18:42 on my watch. Got progressively slower as my temperature increased before I had a word with myself and upped my pace for the final km

Overcast and very muggy. At least no sign of the downpour that was expected though. Not a huge crowd either, will be interesting to see the official number later

Great to have it back :grin:

12 Likes

Well done Adam.

I did the new course at Hartlepool (monkey hanging town).

Tried to take it steady :joy:, last 2k were tough but I was in no mans land. Ended up with about 20:15 which was good enough for 4th :flushed:. Was actually quite cool by the North Sea and a decent breeze.

Few more than usual but there’s still a couple of local ones that haven’t got permission.

Good to be back though :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

35min spin on Zwift
3km jog around the block
2hr drive to HPP

5,671km walk through transition

2hr drive home

Feet up and maybe a (dare I say it!) nap now :wink::roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I’ve just had a nap on the sofa with my big kid.

Feel right as rain now :sunglasses:

2 Likes

5.5 mile run.

It was hot. I couldn’t be arsed and I just wanted to stop and lie under a tree :sleeping:

Off for a barbecue

2 Likes

Bit of band work!

20 Likes

That’s a big old band and an even bigger bandage! Hope that your recovery is going well?

3 Likes

Baby steps @wheezy & stings like a mofo. Hope to get out of bed for the first time on Monday.

8 Likes

50k fire track XC around Glen Affric followed by a plunge in the river. Bliss in this weather.

9 Likes

75mins super steady with Coco and levelled up to 32 for the newsy cap, whatever that is.

2 Likes

Smiling like a trooper. Keep it up buddy!

2 Likes

2 hours on Zwift.
222W NP / 0.67IF

HRM went a bit mental

Then had to run an errand to someone who lives on my run route

2.19 miles there - 7:01 pace / 127HR
1.81 miles back - 6:34 pace / 140HR

6 Likes

Nice

8 mile muggy run
Very tired legs
47 miles of running this week to start the final push towards the HM and marathon

Still less than @FatPom ran yesterday :rofl:

58:52 / 7:21 pace / 131 HR

7 Likes

60miles this morning over a few lumps. Managed to dodge most of the rain showers.

6 Likes

26km out and back along the canal with the dog - a lot warmer than I thought it was going to be.

Kept it really steady for my sake and the dogs sake - surprisingly for him he is totally zonked now

Did my hill work on Friday night/early Saturday morning with mate in Peak District with couple of up and downs of Kinder - think have turned my ankle as tendons very tender in left ankle (the flat regular surface today therefore was just the job)

4 weeks to utmb :scream:

4 Likes

Only 7h24m this week; 1 swim, 1 run, 4 bike workouts and the ride to and from the pool.

The floods from the storm interrupted things on Tuesday then I got a chest infection (which I still have) so took a few days off, but I got antsy on Thursday so restarted training pretty easy stuff, then back up to full bore Sat/Sun so hopefully next week will go well.

Sleep which is always less than 6hrs anyway has been totally fucked with coughing so I’ll back off if I’m not benefiting from training.

5 Likes

Seven hours this week.

All circuit based with one easy static bike hour.

Worked more hours this week than I’ll work in the next 5, so had a chilled approach and trained when I could and had had enough sleep.

Back at it next week.

4 Likes

Ended up laying a few paving slabs yesterday.

That, and a long week means I’ve had a day off!

3 Likes

2 and a bit miles OW swim in Loch Lomond. Another barbecue, and knack all else lol

4 Likes