TT massive charity social/smackdown Sept 24

I am looking at hosting a TT social and ‘aquathlon’ in September this year at Spring Lakes (NG10 2FZ - Notts).

We can accommodate a number of swim distances and trail run distances, the water should still be warm and can either host an outdoor feast or food in the marquee if required.

Probable date Sunday 22nd tbc…

To keep the costs down, this is will be a training swim and training run, although we will record things like when you enter the water and leave the water and when you set out on the run and return from the run for participant safety. Please feel free to add your times together.

There are local hotels if required and camping is available on site.

I am currently preparing an arrangement to fund raise for rainbows.co.uk and therefore I would propose that any profit would go towards this very worthy cause which i think needs no explanation…

Screen Shot 2024-05-22 at 15.42.52

• Yes please - long swim
  • Yes please - short swim
  • Yes please - long run
  • Yes please - short run
  • Nope, not for me thanks
0 voters
3 Likes

Already racing that weekend and a little far to travel for me anyway, hope it’s a successful event. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ng is Nottingham ?

1 Like

yes

1 Like

Sounds good but I’ve already booked to go cycling in Spain that weekend with some friends.

1 Like

Swim run?!
I’m the worst swimmer on this site?!
What happened to the press ups, pull ups or even 3x2 min rounds with 16 oz gloves ?

Seriously if I’m not on holiday or racing ) Nantwich ?!) I think it’s a great idea

3 Likes

I love a TT get together/smackdown but unfortunately I’m already booked up that weekend.

2 Likes

FFS I can’t run any I CBA to swim. No zwift session in your office @explorerJC ? :grin:

What’s “long”? :eyes:

Seeing as it’s literally on my doorstep be rude not to.

7 Likes

I am sure we can accommodate that too… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Can be arranged…

Love the idea but 99% sure I’ll have a sandy alibi in September :cry:

1 Like

I’ll be 70 kg on the nose
I’ll be looking for a catchweight from some of the TT giants and hit hard to the body … that should slow them down in the water ?!

2 Likes

i seem to have gone from super light to light heavy in a matter of 1 or 2 short years…

oh, and it doesn’t take some body shots to slow me in the water…

2 Likes

Im currently a fat cruiserweight, scary :wink: what’s that Heavy in amateur divisions. but obviously above both if I turned up now

2 Likes

200 lbs Is the cruiser limit (14 st 4. )
The new brigerweight div is 215 llbs I think?

Obviously with a big weight disadvantage I’d be looking for loaded gloves and the bigger guy drinks a pint of whisky between rounds

Fair?

3 Likes

Your tri royalty !

I’m ducking EJC forever.

2 Likes

I would actually love to come along, but flying out for this years beasting at La Santa that day.

3 Likes

It is the day after my daughter’s 16th birthday so doubt I can come. But if I can I will.

2 Likes

Is Nottingham close to Leeds?

2 Likes

Spot the Southerner.

5 Likes