TT Smackdown 2024 - poll in thread

Ha ha ha :joy:

I was gonna do my 16km run with a parkrun in the middle, but the returning banana and beer had other ideas :beers::nauseated_face:

3 Likes

:laughing:

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Gets off bike, throws helmet intro the grass. ā€œThatā€™s it Iā€™ve ducking had enough! Iā€™ve ducking had enough!! AAAH!ā€

Friend of a friend told me that.:eyes:

6 Likes

Might have been a sensible option. I walked round a 2h24 personal worse HM to finish. Hotter than that Outlaw or Frankfurt and more hills than IM Wales imho.

Met @fatbuddha at the finish line but didnā€™t actually bump into Tinpot as was.

4 Likes

yep - remember you from there.

2 Likes

Yeah that was the dude. Apparently he ate his words, put his helmet back on, stopped being such a pussy and kept going until T2.

Thereā€™s a lesson there in when not to wear a TT helmet, and how not to go into a race with unrealistic expectations.

Nice people though :+1: Hever got me into triathlon.

6 Likes

60mins at my guesstimated power. I was watching Saving Private Ryan so there were a few surges with the action scenes & drops on the heart tuggers.

Followed up by 5*(3km at pace/500m rec). I was saying to @fruit_thief that Iā€™d like to have tried his session, but I was still fatigued from my Thursday ride & needed some run miles. Headwind on the last 5 or 6km was tasty & Iā€™m now sat on the sofa with tubigrips on my quads :joy:.

7 Likes

Eg, a 1:31 half!

3 Likes

:hushed: very nice.

Iā€™m starting to get imposter syndrome in here!

5 Likes

And over 400m of elevation!

No bags of sand on @Doonhamer

5 Likes

No idea how that 400mtrs was calculated, Strava gave me 107mtrs & Garmin 141mtrs which are much more plausible.

2 Likes

So itā€™s like choosing a bike on zwift. One might be a couple of seconds quicker, but they are all so close that you basically just go with the one you like the look of in the best colour.

8 Likes

I think this counts as a legit bag of sand :disappointed_relieved:

Buckle up, hoping I get away lightly

17 Likes

Oh dear, hope it isnā€™t too bad. Take it easy.

1 Like

Ahhh no. Fingers crossed itā€™s a mild one! Are you unwell, or just routinely testing and discovered it?

1 Like

Been out all day, started a mild cough this afternoon and now have a bit of a headache and cough got worse. We still get boxes of LFTs and had a spare test so thought Iā€™d use it.

1 Like

That sucks, is this your first dance with the 'rona ?

1 Like

Yep. Iā€™ve been clean 3 years

9 Likes

Well, that sucks :cry:

Iā€™ve woken up feeling like a bag of bones, sacked my
Swim off, then saw this.

Hope it clears nice and quickly.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know why I look at this when the BBC seem incapable of telling you what the weather is doing this moment butā€¦

Thatā€™d be nice!

3 Likes

That would be nice! If I could just get rid of this beer belly Iā€™ve developed in the past 3 days as well, thatā€™d be great!

Need to live like a monk for the next fortnightā€¦ Yeah thatā€™s not gonna happen! :joy:

5 Likes