TT Smackdown 2024 - poll in thread

I am happy for either the 113 or Classic V2 to be the TT smackdown in 2023. Although if the 113 is chosen I will have to fined a mid-June IM distance race to pretend I’m going to do as a reason why I am so slow :joy:

Thanks @graeme4130 I thoroughly enjoyed it.

9 Likes

Yeah June is 11 months away I might even be ready for it then

10 Likes

Thanks for a great race Graham. I’ll be back next year, not sure which race yet, BTW thanks for swapping my entry this year from the 113 to the Classic. 113 this year was during half term which was why I entered, then our TT smack down was fixed for the Classic date (and the Missus had something else come up for the 113 date!) and it ended up being great timing weather-wise and with end of term just around the corner it wasn’t inconvenient.

I would suggest keeping the Classic date for next years TT smack down with the hillier course spicing it up even more.

10 Likes

If my Achilles is back I am certain I’ll be there - I’m sure something else will give way/snap/ tear though :cry:

4 Likes

I’d be up for either. Err towards the classic, but happy to go with majority.
I’ll perhaps not book it 11 months in advance being in a similar state to @toby_Hole_in_the_leg and waiting for the next body part to fail.

8 Likes

I can sort a discounted group entry for TT’ers and make sure you’re all racked together and in the same wave
We can produce separate results etc too if needed

20 Likes

June 5th 2023 is a Monday?

Photos are up

6 Likes

Hmm, you’re right! That was cut and pasted from @graeme4130 ‘s email.

3 Likes

They’re both 2022 dates :+1:

This was my draft fest pace line for the entire ride…
7395_6405-CWS_0314_100198818862cc7d8809a1e

16 Likes

The 1990s called and wants it’s website back.

How the hell did you find you @mw22 amongst 230 pages of photos?

1 Like

You can do a search with “CCTnnn” where nnn is race number.
Some instruction on the main page about which images are free and such (plus how to search :grimacing:)

It also says that most bike pics are tagged to a race number (mine has none) and so you put in CCT0 and you get all 230 pages of untagged photos. CBA to go through that…

Yeah that’s crap.
Think can filter it by time to narrow it down :unamused:

I’ve given up even looking with Charles Whitton stuff, it’s always been a real PITA with their site.

So…when does exercise begin again?

My feet are battered, so that puts running off the cars for a week.
Swimming also seems to make them soft and the kick opens all of the blisters, so that’s a no-go (maybe)

Which leaves cycling, but it’s a bit warm for that :sun_with_face::face_with_peeking_eye:

Might aim for a little spin this afternoon, as it’s only meant to be 25° today :joy::biking_man:t4::sunny:

@mw22 - do you know what page your bike image was on, please?

Mine came back with a bunch from the search. They’re not the best though - long lens straight on shots. It’s be ace if there was somewhere they could go for a side on shot. I need to know if I have aero issues!

2 Likes

err - no. Cause mine have come back in the search. I’ll see if I can figure it out.

Edit: my first set are on page 5 @Poet
Edit 2: second set are on page 42

I’m absolutely fubarred still. Once I start walking I’m about ok. Up and down stairs is still a b@stard. Neck still sore from being super aero :laughing:

Edit 3: Think you’re first lot are on page 3 @Poet

8 Likes

Nice - cheers!

Looking aero as a brick there :brick: