Politics

But somehow we let them vote in a referendum anyway :thinking:

6 Likes

:sweat_smile:

Agreed. I would love Art 50 to be revoked. But that isnā€™t the way to do it. Second referendum on a deal, with a remain option is the way to go. Combined with a considerable raising of standards by politicians politicking.

Chuck them all in a Sub dive to the ocean depths and donā€™t let them out until they have sorted the mess out.

Seriously, I am glad that I am on the way out given the state of politics, if boys games, and money making didnā€™t ruin so many lives it wouldnā€™t be so bad, but politics is not a game. It enables and destroys.

The decade of darkness is coming to a fitting end, exhaustion. Though I will admit I am Impressed by how the Conservative party has managed to keep going for so long.

1 Like

Agreed, a few well known establishments and academia including the FT have recently done articles and analysis showing that the era of capitalism, greed, and raping the planet for profit (generally for the top 1%) is slowly coming to an end (the FT, oh the irony!).

They also published a ist of all of BJs (blow jobā€™s) lies, I was quite surprised at the time, but then realised that any compulsive lier will have their blinkered followers.

if you say soā€¦

someone would find themā€¦

2 Likes

What salary do you imagine being in the top 1% involves ?

No, it just makes the decisions amde less well thought out and rational. Even a moron can make a decision - but not necessarily the right one.

Parliamnt has made no decision after two years - its not about right or wrong but an inability to move forward.

Itā€™s when you look at why, from a conceptual perspective, things get interesting.

I could rabbit on about ā€˜energy threadsā€™ And their inter-tanglement which is how I see it, but in more mundane termsā€¦

What you have witnessed over the past couple of years is the weakness of homo Sapien nature. (1) Egos. Iā€™m right and your wrong pal. (2) tribal loyalties combined with knifes being used for power play, (3) the conflict of interests between constituency loyalties, the need to keep local party chairmen/women on board, and national whipping, and the desire in some cases for the ā€˜top jobā€™. (4) the effects of money, itā€™s desire and getting power to enable personal benefit (same with power), etc.

This has all been compounded by (5) the press putting newspaper sales above sensibilities at times (eg claims re judges etc), (6) lies arguably becoming normalised, etc.

What is really required is for a strong leader, with experience and wisdom (Ken Clark, Dominic Grieve?) coming along and saying ā€˜look lads and lassies we really need to take a positive forward step and move beyond this bickeringā€™ but they would also need to be able to rebalance and harmonise that tangle of ā€˜energy threadsā€™ which is whole separate skill set. Made more difficult by the ā€˜eliteā€™ now acting as the ā€˜men of the people against the ā€˜ā€™eliteā€™ā€™.

So what you really need are people who understand the difficulties faced by the average citizen and who isnā€™t aligned to any of the key power groups who can help restore balance through the muddle, bearing in mind that there is a lot of anger and despair out there, and not just because of Brexit, but homlessness, food banks, poverty forcing people to make arguably sub optimal (though optimal given the situation) health care decisions etc.

And that is a combination of skill sets few have.

Having led the pack on political analysis globally in our world getting to this point, I could bore you to tears with what happens next, but (1) since my incurable cancer diagnosis I have been winding down And have been focused on what matters to me in last months to years (crossing the tā€™s and dotting the iā€™s) so I have not beyond reading the Economist given it much thought, someone else can do that now that I am on the way out. But in brief, at this moment in time, things could go either way. Either the milk of human kindness and wisdom will be refound, in Britain and globally , but that will take a lot of hard work In return for big global benefits, or the easy route will,be taken, things will still be fire fought to the last minute, resulting in very tough global times ahead over the coming years, as you know I think ww3 is entirely possible in the next decade. Fortunately I may well not be around for it to matter much to me. But if I happen to be able to ā€˜beat the oddsā€™ I for one would rather see a rebalancing back to a world of opportunity and harmony for all, than the crumbling of Parliament being a forerunner of global homo sapien catastrophe. But being just a simple man, broke, and dying of an incurable cancer, there is no longer much I can do. Half a trillion pounds sterling cash aside.

Interesting to watch it all play out though.

ergo unskilled

Ā£166k back in 2016/17

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/782765/NS_Table_3_1a_1617.xlsx

Thats in the UK!

Worldwide itā€™s $32,000

I never Knew I was a Global Elite! Frickinā€™ Cool.

This changes everything. I am going to open an oil mine, get some slaves, and start blinking sideways!

3 Likes

Yeah, but a pint doesnā€™t cost Ā£4 in Burkina Faso.

A pint doesnā€™t cost Ā£4 in London either now :frowning: (paid 19.50 the other day for 3 pints of moretti that wasnt even nice)

1 Like

Jeez, that wouldnā€™t be enough to get you a mortgage to buy a 1-bed flat in a moderate part of London :thinking:

1 Like

What @SloggingScotsman said.

Now thatā€™s the real crime. Far cheap to buy a bottle of extra strong cider and drink that al fresco.

2 Likes

One of the many perks of you guys getting Stratford! NWHL is Ā£4 for an Amstel at every game, and only Ā£5 for a craft Beavertown. Pretty much the cheapest place to drink in London (if you can afford to get in!) :upside_down_face:

???
Youā€™d be able to get a massive mortgage with a salary of that amount. At significantly under 50% of that salary I got a mortgage of nearly double that amount to get a z2 (large) 1 bed flat. I know prices have gone up since then, but a salary of >Ā£150k would mean you could be buying huge (if you wanted to)

Ā£19.50 :astonished:

I fancied a Lager once at the village pub and it was Ā£4.80 for some tasteless pish (Sharps Atlantic). Normally never touch lager/pils on tap in UK. When you think you can get 3x 660ml Warsteiner for Ā£5 in Tescoā€¦