Undershorts for Tri

So my Huub DS long course suit is see through on the ass.
As I’ve only worn it five times in anger I’m loathe to buy a new one.

So - what can I buy to wear underneath it during a triathlon?
No chamois pad? Or a light chamois?
2XU used to do an awesome pair of slight compression shorts with a small chamois pad - I wore these for the Outlaw back in 2010 and had no issues with them at all.

Any hints?
Anyone else “double up?”

These are my run shorts that go under my “normal” run shorts

1 Like

Suitable for swimming and cycling in?
And most importantly, do they stop thigh chafing? :rofl::man_shrugging:t4:

Are you sure it’s not because they are being, err, over-stretched :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

You calling him a fat ass?!

:rofl:

Nah - I was 80kg for the 113 and @jorgan didn’t mention he could see my ass crack as I thundered past him :+1:t3:

1 Like

Used to have a pair before as my tri shorts before I moved to a suit

1 Like

You could patch them like you patch your jeans :joy:

Only time I’ve done double shorts is tri shorts under cycling shorts when it’s really cold. For running in two pads might be a bit uncomfortable, so you may want an inner short without a pad. But then you might have seams next to the skin that rub on the bike :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That’s because you never thundered past me; you left T1 just ahead of me. Remember!

1 Like

That’s what you get for buying Huub :tipping_hand_man: You’re going to need a thin pad, otherwise the seams will chafe like fook on the bike!

Surely a suave chap like you can afford to buy a new suit? My Stolen Goat one is lursh. Not sure how robust though; only got used twice in 2019. I also have a Castelli Sanremo Free suit, which is very comfortable and robust; but the legs are a bit short on it (although I wear quad sleeves for longer Tris).

That’s besides the point!
There’s nothing wrong with the Huub one, it’s literally brand new!

If my Rapha bibs were see through after less than 1000km I’d be absolutely fuming :no_good_man:t2::x:

@r0bh - Yes. I am thinking of getting some old bib material to stretch and panel onto the offending area

What about using a cape (mask optional)? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Only going to add seconds in T1.

2 Likes

How do you know it’s see through when you’re wearing it? If it’s see through when you’re not wearing it then it must be made of rice paper!

I’m never sure when my bibs are see through, never had a any comments from other riders but when I’ve asked Mrs FP, she always says ‘looks ok to me’ which is about as helpful as a chocolate fireguard. :laughing:

1 Like

@adam told me as he passed me at Helvellyn :rofl:
I’ve also put it on and bent over and looked in the mirror

2 Likes

in a sort of ‘how could a bloke in lycra possibly look good kind of way’?! haha

I find it a bit disturbing that my kids have totally normalised the sight of me poncing around in a pair of bib shorts (with mandatory HRM of course - got to look the biz) and nothing else! Though the eldest likes to tell me that my belly sticks out and over the front of my new Castelli ones. Not a flattering cut for anyone over 60kgs i must say!! :rofl:

3 Likes

It was worse when I used to to turbo in the lounge and then someone would knock at the door! It’s better now in the garage, as they can see the door up, the turbo and connect the dots.

They do throw the packages in from about 10ft away though :rofl:

1 Like

Butt crack confirmed

1 Like

fusion running shorts with a very thin pad…i wear them under a swimskin…

This is what I do for pool triathlons; just keep the swimskin on.

1 Like