Veloviewer tile bagging

6 Likes

I didn’t cycle outdoors during the last lockdown but am planning to this time and your thread just popped into my mind.
Just signed up and imported the last 25 activities, lots of opportunity for local bagging as long as the weather plays ball.

1 Like

Did you ever see that documentary “The secret lives of cats”? I reckon this is a bit similar but for triathletes, shows our range/territory.

2 Likes

you’re making me go and look now! :rofl:

what’s the difference between the blue and the red squares?

They’re ones that have their 4 immediate neighbours filled. It’s another kind of challenge called Max Cluster fill.

ah ok, i get you. Thanks

So i’m on 7m2 at the moment, with a few obvious ones that could be picked off. I’m a bit limited on the South side of my grid though :rofl:

3 Likes

It’s an interesting concept isn’t it.
You’ve got so much more activity than me but I could probably get to 7x7 in one ride, but then to get higher than that would be getting much further afield. Whereas you can add to that 7x7 just by picking off the odd gap in your map.

yeah, that’s all of activities as i’ve used Veloviewer for a good few years now. I probably should cut down on the amount of stuff i pay for!! Strava, Veloviewer and now TP!!! Especially they’re just used as points of interest, not real hard tools!

LIke you say, something else to do though!

get yer wetsuit on :grinning: :wink:

1 Like

I genuinely wonder if that would work? I have an SUP!

You can change the map settings to show you blank squares. I assume they carry on out to sea.

I’m sitting at 12x12 right now, and am waiting on my new gravel bike before I go hit a few more that aren’t really practical on a road bike!.. its quite good motivation for getting out the door!

1 Like

There are several stories on the tilebagging forums of people going swimming to bag an elusive gap in their map!

1 Like

I’ve just been working out a route for the weekend. I reckon 50/60km should get me to 6x6 or 7x7. Gains are easy at the start :grin:

1 Like

yeah… I now need to ride a 40 mile round trip just to get to the nearest unbagged square, and i’ve got a few gaps that are spread out a bit… so to get a few takes some mileage!

1 Like

I misunderstood the subscription rules. I thought you only had to pay the £10 to import more than the 25 rides from your history but it doesn’t sync new ones either unless you sign up.
I did 40km this morning to fill in some gaps but probably didn’t need to as when I paid and brought my full history over I went up to 7x7 anyway. One road I’d planned turned out to be a woodland track!

All on 23mm Gatorskins and no clearance!

5 Likes

:joy: Amazing

1 Like

Cyclocross!

2 Likes