Virtual Zwift Rides

20 min limit went from 4.3 to 4.4 I think.

Ah I see. Their rules allow them to slightly flex the power limits depending on course but they don’t publish the amount they change it by. I guess it makes sense.

1 Like

Hopefully some of the UX people

Category Enforcement is now only letting me enter A events :scream:

5 Likes

Yeah I’ve had that a while. Thank God it’s outdoor season soon :joy:

1 Like

Finally. Some “in between” pace partners;

• Beginning 15 May, 3 new Pace Partners will be found in Watopia:
    • Dorothy Duster who will ride at 1.15w/kg
    • Diego Duke who will ride at 1.8w/kg
    • Danny Draft who will ride at 2.15w/kg
    • We will be making significant and regular changes to these Pace Partners throughout the summer. More information can be found on the forums.
    • Additionally, the 4 Pace Partners found in Makuri will be taken offline and will remain offline for the foreseeable future.
1 Like

That’s not in between, they are all low end aren’t they? Shame about Makuri pacers, always preferred to ride them when I had the option.

3 Likes

For my lower spin rides, I drop Diesel Dan, but can keep up with Coco Cadence.
So 1.8-2.2 sounds brilliant for me.

You’ve got to remember most people on Zwift ain’t racing and are probably Cat D.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking.

I always find the C a bit too slow but B too fast. So a 2.9 or so would’ve been perfect.

I don’t know if I’m being elitist here, but is it even possible to ride a turbo trainer around at a smidge over 1?

Admittedly my setup is crap, and I struggle to pedal anything much below 2. But it was better when I borrowed that smart trainer.

4 Likes

I’m seeing some complaining about power limit enforcement and sandbagging; what’s that all about? Cat should be based on results not power @mw22 I’m looking at you! :sweat_smile: Rather than trying to stay in Cat B, and win the sprints! This is surely all part of the problem?

3 Likes

With you here. I find it really hard to ride at low power - and that’s not me being a nob. My warm down in last nights session had some thing 130 watts. Legs were spinning in a fury with no resistance in ERG mode.

So they’re getting rid of the originals?

Coco is perfect for an easy spin for me and I normally drop her anyway. Like you say the B bot is good for some added spice but not balls out. Shame

1 Like

Im all for an overhaul. I don’t care if I win or lose. I just want a fun race experience.

Most B races I get that. I can stay with the flow at the front, I have a chance to compete in a sprint.
The ZRL races , still cat B, I rarely score on the intermediate sprints and normally place about 20th (top 20-25%). Hardly amazing, but I’m still hanging on to that fun element.

Put me in A I lose it all. The ZRL; every race I rode at threshold till the first intermediate, then I’m out the back. Plod home. Not fun. Boring.

So I’m all for results based, or power based (linked to the course/race type) or simply just break the categories more.

Edit. The fact we are generally categorised on a 20 min effort that only ever matters on TTs or big hill climbs. Most races 20 min is very pointless.

The zwift CEO got a slating on zwift insider with his sandbagging in a crit race :joy:

3 Likes

These are in addition to the existing ones.
It’ll add some variety.

I’m not sure how it’s “hard” to spin at 150W?
That’s ~50% for me, or 1.7W/kg.
That’s an easy effort and something to just keep the legs moving on easier days.
TSS for an hour of that is around 40, which doesn’t tire me out, but leaves my legs looser and ready for a harder ride or run the following day.

1 Like

Hard is probably the wrong word - I think the demands of my trainer make it awkward to ride at that intensity. Tbf last night in ERG it felt odd. In a free ride where I’m dictating the power it would be a lot easier

1 Like

Yeah same. I feel like i’m bouncing around in the saddle and it’s massively unnatural. I could cruise around outside at that low wattage, easy. But on the turbo, anything under 150w is vile unless i pedal at about 50 rpm.

3 Likes

Interesting. Cheers for clarifying that you can do it no sweats outdoors :+1:t3:

The only thing different for me indoors is cadence.
It’s about 10pm lower.

But zero bouncing around in the saddle.
Even at 120W.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, outside no worries. It’s just odd on my trainer.

Like you, my cadence is always lower inside too. I’m normally around 100 rpm outside and above.

Inside, I’m 80-90 tops but that’s all on the turbo flywheel

@r0bh @Jgav How are you guys teams looking for the finals??

Think we should place top half in the semi. Tho expect it to be in the 4th to 6th place range. The final couldnt be any less suited to us, esp with losing a sprinter to a Code 7 - so expect we’ll be right down the bottom (tho we are planning alternative tactics for that race!).

Jgav you still cat C racing?
R0b - what division are you guys, wonder if we’ll meet.

We’re finishing this season in C cat but agreed to push on and enter next season in B cat. A few improved through the season and we’re racing at Cat limits by the end.

I’ve focused in riding at threshold in TT position so wasn’t working on higher power. Hope that pays off but too early to tell

2 Likes