Vlm 2020

I enjoyed Paris if you want a big city race.

1 Like

I might think about Manchester. Got friends who live there so could catch up with them over the weekend. There’s also a very local trail one along the Thames towpath starting in Kingston in March. Just might be a bit early.

1 Like

Ballot results get sent out next week :grinning:, usually Monday or Tuesday for your email :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Manchester Marathon now even goes into Manchester :rofl:

1 Like

Bet the route will still be boring AF though :thinking:

1 Like

Better off entering as a foreign entrant using a friend address and credit card.

1 Like

GFA for me is 3.12, yeah that’s happening. :rofl:

Info seems a bit loose but you should be finding out if you’re by the ballot by Friday.

Sounds about right. My mate just got his GFA acceptance letter this morning

Just looked on Instagram and seen a few commiserations posts

Got my usual no via e-mail…don’t even qualify for a mag it seems now.
Pre registered for Brighton but also considering Boston (Lincs) for a nice flat course.

I’ve not heard anything at all :neutral_face:

Edinburgh in May (24th) were offering a discount to those that didn’t get in to VLM.

Yep, still nothing. I won’t hold my breath

I got my sorry pack yesterday and it was a bit of a relief as I realised it was the same day as the national duathlon champs.
I discovered that affiliated running clubs get a spot/spots for VLM for those who got a rejection. Might be worth looking at ?

Nothing yet, really don’t understand why they can’t just tell everybody on the same day?

Just checked my realbuzz profile - unsuccessful :roll_eyes:

they get 1 maybe 2 at most and my old club put a stipulation on at least a years continuous membership so essentially 2 years as you would get people join just to try and get the spots. it was also typically 20 or 30 people in the ballot

#metoo , I don’t even get an email let alone a magazine these days! 2011 was my one and only ballot “win” so 9 years ago now

1 Like

ah. For our club I think there are 3 including me who didn’t get as the others got GFA this year. As I bailed out then it looks like there is a 50/50 chance for the lucky two.

1 Like