Watcha Listening To?

I love this song for many reasons. One it reminds me of someone who died very young, plus its a great song.

But what fucking God let Tracy Chapman grow old? What the fuck, because if she old, then im fucking old. Stop the world Im getting off.

7 Likes

I’ve not watched this yet but I’ve read about it. I love this song. Always have. Incredible lyrics :v:

2 Likes

But she is wearing old very well!

3 Likes

Me too, although it was a favourite song of a friend of mine who died when were in our teens so reminds me of her and makes it melancholy.

2 Likes

It’s an incredibly sad song already without that additional weight behind it. :v:

2 Likes

All About Eve mix on Spotify.

They were great, saw them in Bristol once.

1 Like

Spotify seems to be playing quite a few songs from The Police lately :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

New album day :grin:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Beyoncé’s new tracks :flushed:

https://youtu.be/238Z4YaAr1g?si=saTTiKqosnK3QmPe

1 Like

Some clever self promotion by doing a Verizon advert about how it takes her dropping new music to break the internet

Second new album day of the month, this one signed

5 Likes

Can’t get that on a download :grin:

1 Like

True, however once ripped it will just sit in a dusty pile with the others.
Obviously when she becomes bigger than Taylor Swift I’ll be quite smug :smile:

I get most music from Bandcamp.

2 Likes

Discovered this Led Zep song, a few weeks ago. Lovely blues-sawgrass feel so I’ve been listening to it on loop as I’ve been learning it on the guitar. It’s now become a real ear worm.

Retro night for Mrs T and I at the Bridgewater Hall

9 Likes

I miss Ronnie :worried:

1 Like

This is an insanely well crafted beautiful sing. I’ve put it up before. I found it through watching the Classic Rides moto channel .
Reading the comments, I can’t make out if the singer has committed suicide or not.

2 Likes

Hotel California as imagined by Johnny Cash in the style of “Hurt”

3 Likes

Tiny Desk are going through a rich vein of modern minimalist music at the moment.

Two of Philip Glass’ etudes here. I’ve had the seminal version (played by Glass himself) for many years so it’s interesting to hear a different interpretation.

He plays the fast one faster and the slow one slower than Glass which initially felt quite weird but rather liking both after a couple of listens :slight_smile: