Watcha watchin'?

:rofl::rofl: my Xbox is an expensive ornament :roll_eyes:

i came across mine in a paper bag in the attic the other day! The last time i was used was when #1’s nativity was filmed and distributed to parents on DVD!! That was the only thing i had to play it on!!

One of my favourite series, in fact my absolute favourite is ‘Black Sails’. It seems to be universally hated at work but I loved it and watched it a few times.

Bit pointless…

But a great series.

Magical.

Having a small child means we watch a fair bit of tv. There’s a lot of good stuff about with script writing of a much higher standard than in years gone by. We get Netflix & watch bits and pieces on terrestrial tv. Sure I’ve forgotten plenty of things from the past 12 months but here goes:

Exceptional
Line of duty - BBC
Avery English scandal - BBC
The Good Place
His Dark Materials - BBC

Very good
Game of Thrones (although it peaked at series 6)
You’re dead to me
Living with yourself
Orange is the new black
Russian Doll
Ru Paul’s drag race ( the UK series on BBC is brilliant)
Big Little Lies (watched on NOW when we had a sub to watch GoT)
A series of unfortunate events
Mrs Wilson
Peaky Blinders
Luther (also peaked a while back)
The trial of Christine Keeler is shaping up nicely - wife doesn’t know the plot

Bake Off & Escape to the Chateau for light relief

1 Like

Currently enjoying an end to end re-watch of Peep Show - mid season 4 at the moment, my recollection that 3-4 was the peak. Very much looking forward to Mark and Sophie’s wedding.

We’ve just started Big Little Lies, really enjoyed the first episode.

Anyone else here watch The Americans? I thought I’d really love it, and certain series were OK but have found it getting very slow - just over 1.5 series left to watch and by all accounts it ends well, but just can’t seem to get enthused enough to pick it back up.

1 Like

Like this list from cobbie, the one sive watched I liked so will try some others.
Watched episode one of Dracula few days ago, 3 part BBC series. Would recommend, I do like short series/dramas

1 Like

Started to watch ‘Treadstone’ on the weekend. Can’t remember if it’s Amazon or Netflix but we are enjoying it.

Ah good, we have both those streaming subscriptions. In any situation, you have to ask yourself ‘what would Jason Bourne do?’

Drive off the nearest bridge and exit the water on a dirt bike? :grin:

Whilst looking like you shop at Primark.

1 Like

Dracula, BBC.

Watch episode 1, maybe 2 but do yourself a favour and just imagine episode 3. Whatever you imagine will be better than the actual episode.

3 Likes

Well at this altitude, he’d run flat out for a half mile before his hands started shaking.

1 Like

Think it’s prime. I’d spotted that and wondered if it was worth a go

Spot on!

1 Like

Lost in Space season 2 - Netlfix
V-Wars - Netflix
Seal Team - Sky
Tread stone = Amazon

To name a few.

I love Lost in Space!!

It’s prettty watchable, I vaguely remember the original but I’m only young ish

The world descend into the chaos of darkness. :grinning:

Sorry couldn’t help myself, but it is true.

Re TV, that’s trickier as I generally only use tv as background noise. But I have recently enjoyed ‘Black Book’ and ‘Wonder Woman’.

Obviously I really like stuff that focuses on wierd skillsets as I like to work out what is pure fiction and what might, just might, be possible. Stuff like Sense8 and Inception.

Big Bang theory makes me laugh (yes it really does happen :wink:) and for pure relaxation you can’t go wrong with (more recent) The Simpsons.

To be frank I would rather, as I have been for many years now, spend my time watching the world devolve with a tear in my eye (and I do spend a lot of time differentiating and then integrating the multitude of factors) than telly. It’s the nerd in me. (The funny bit is that anyone who watches my internet browsing, if they don’t have similar skillsets, may well make some very inaccurate assessments thinking I am fantasising etc, when in fact I am self training and learning and growing).

You can’t do that so much with telly.

• obviously I would rather watch the world evolve, but sadly it is devolving, even though humans are evolving. Bit of a conundrum that I give you, but that’s what addiction to money, egos, greed, not taking account of all sides of issues thinking you know it all, perhaps because it worked in the past, etc, etc causes. Which then feeds fear, intolerance, prejudice, etc, making the devolving cycle worse. Darkness is winning. Where is Constantine (Keane Reeves? Film) when you need him. :nerd_face:

Jesus christ man, it was just a nice little thread about what we’re enjoying on tv. Not a chance for another one of you mad as a cut snake ramblings. :disappointed:

5 Likes