Wave it here- things you are proud of

Inspired by @FatPom posting somewhere else. Is there something you are really proud of, but don’t like to boast?

Well look no further. Just post it here, then it’s officially not boasting. It’s just a matter of record, in the spirit of the thread. :grinning:

Sadly I have nothing to wave at the moment. So perhaps someone else might start?

1 Like

I immediately identified the French Antarctic Territories from an outline map on Worldle.
I suspect I’ll be dining out on that for some time.

It’s the small, petty things that matter :wink:

11 Likes

My penis?

5 Likes

:wink:

4 Likes

I still have all my own hair

8 Likes

I have just passed the third anniversary of not owning a car (disclaimer, I do own a camper, but that has done precisely 3 miles since the start of September, and annually is under 1500 miles or so).

I have become very adept at using public transport, and have saved a fortune.

I feel rather righteous over this. :grin::joy:

17 Likes

I could go with something grandiose like after 6 spine ops, 5 broken ribs, a broken hip, collar bone busted lung, pancreaitis, migraines and teeth falling out, divorce, being broke and still having the commitment to be a parent at my age, it’s amazing I’m still here!

But I’m going to go with: Seymour Duncan bought me a drink and invited me to his VIP table. :grin:

13 Likes

:clap::clap:

Just had my Aygo serviced today, did 1400 miles this year, wondering why I even have one at all. Will probably give it to one of the boys soon.

Unfortunately there’s three of them and only one car which poses a slight problem

4 Likes

Hair is for girls and boy bands.

10 Likes

Consider yourself very lucky. We do have a bus that passes here once a week, not all theat useful really :slight_smile:

3 Likes

lol getting baldness vibes

Ok, I still have most of my own teeth

2 Likes

Most?

You have other peoples?

Bald and proud !

5 Likes

No I lost one in a Loch last summer. Other than that… I think they’re all mine

1 Like

I’m really good at jigsaws,-it just makes me … sad no-one else cares… - Why aren’t there jigsaw competitions?

8 Likes

You’d get on well with my Mum, she loves a jigsaw and it’s one of the things we do when we’re down there. She has one of those boards to put them on.

I’m very good with geometric lines in puzzles (fences etc) and Mum is excellent with things like leaves. She’s also really good at sorting the pieces before we start into general groups.

LO has been bitten by the puzzle bug and loves to have a go now as well. We usually do 1,000 -1.500 piece puzzles.

3 Likes

I watched a film in which there were … assumed it must be true

Puzzle

1 Like

On a slightly more serious note than my first answer, my son has been learning guitar since Christmas and got his first report yesterday:

Effort Grade : A = Excellent! Well done!
Teacher Comment : You have been a delight to teach this term Henry! You have worked really hard and made great progress especially in the ‘creepy-crawly’ tunes, and as a result your right hand technique is improving considerably.

14 Likes

Walking past the local bakery almost daily and not buying a sausage cob (I failed yesterday!)

9 Likes

My son

The end.

12 Likes

My daughter has really started to develop her drawing and it’s got quite good now. It’s cartoon/animation style and we’re going to tidy them up a bit and get them printed up on T-shirts for her to sell for charity.

15 Likes