Weather: because we're mostly so British

I got smashed in that on the way home. Stung my face!

2 Likes

Glorious today after an overnight frost. Got up to 10c and sunny with hardly any wind. Starting to drop already though and forecast to freeze again.

Made the most of it and got the bike out for a while.

3 Likes

Weather in Y Bannau wasn’t as forecast - turned out nice and sunny at 9C

1 Like

Odd showers today but mainly sunny and lovely.

Got a cracking weather window for a run this afternoon. Just as I was a couple of kms from home the sun dropped beyond the horizon and the temp started to fall quickly.

Gonna be a cold walk back from town tonight as Mrs GB and I have to be bus wankers back from a 40th bday bash at a friend’s house. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Raining again, a lot. Good thing, ground was looking a little bit parched. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Yeah wonderful, can’t wait to cycle home is this

6 Likes

It’s been very miserable here all night and early morning but the sun is out now!

2 Likes

Grim up in Somerset today - grey and chucking it down. looks like it was very wet and windy last night at home in particular, with lots of flooding and debris on the roads.

Looks to be pretty chilly this weekend again.

1 Like

I spoke too soon. Gone all miserable again .

1 Like
4 Likes

Its definitely been very, very wet. Its not just that it has rained so many days but the amount the falls when if does. Its absolutely pissing it down here today. Again.

4 Likes

Cold winters morning here today, except it’s now spring!

Calm and my car had a frost/ice on it this morning and very sunny.

2 Likes

Half of the fields look like lakes around here.

GB might be familiar but there is a road that connects Wells to Glastonbury which is on the ‘Levels’ it looks like an inland sea right now.

Mum said local farmers saying the cows are at severe risk of foot rot.

2 Likes

snow on the tops in Y Bannau - skiers will be out on Pen-y-Fan

3 Likes

I was going to post something positive about how now the sun doesnt set until after 6pm and it will stay that way until 29th October. However, went out for a walk thinking I had missed most of the rain. It was horrible out that, that cold damp air that goes right through you. Then it started raining which turned to sleet, to hail. Got ice cream head it was so cold.

Fucking miserable.

7 Likes

Wearher is psychotic today. We’ve had 3 seperate sleet/hail down pours. Look out the window about 20 mins ago and it was blue skies and the sun was out, now a big black cloud has just rolled over again and looks like its going to piss it down.

6 Likes

Glorious spring day here. Suns out. Up to about 12⁰C. Got the washing outside

2 Likes

been very sunny in Y Bannau - had a lovely 2 hr walk with the dog this morning looking over the Usk valley and snow covered hill tops.

4 Likes

The northern lights were visible as far south as Cornwall last night :flushed:

Absolutely no chance of seeing anything here with the amount of light pollution that we have

5 Likes

Drive to Glasgow last night for meeting today

Most of the drive is proper dark but don’t see a thing