Weather: because we're mostly so British

Quite a few photos on FB of the aurora over Y Bannau last night - an example of one over Pen-y-fan.

11 Likes

Another way photos are ruining reality, long exposures making you think that’s actually what it looks like.

3 Likes

I saw the alert. It was cloudy early on, it cleared but like you there is too much light polution here.

1 Like

We woke up to snow on Saturday morning; my Son had basketball though, and we had house guests, so the kids couldn’t go sledding. I was surprised how sanguine they were about it; although they are getting older.

3 Likes

Yes there is a definite cliff edge whwb you go and tell your kids its snowed and they jump out of bed all excited, to them groanning yeah ok and going back to sleep

2 Likes

Its a tale of two cities in my house today, back of the house the sun is streaming in. Had to close the curtains as it was in my eyes and my office is lovely and warm. Front of the house gets no sub and its an ice palace.

2 Likes

I got alerts, it reached 500, red alert starts at 200 but it was overcast for us.

2 Likes

We got quite a lot of snow every winter when I was a kid, so the excitement was around whether we’d get sent home early from school because half the kids and teachers were bused in from the surrounding villages

5 Likes

At the start of winter I’m excited for snow. By this time of year it’s very much ffs - it’s time for warm weather fun now.

6 Likes

I’ve had the washing out on the line 2 days in a row now!

1 Like

Been odd today. Its been fairly mild outside and the sun was out for a bit. No wind. House has felt really cold though. Didnt bother with the heating to start with then thought yeah thats going to have to go on.

3 Likes

took until lunchtime for the cold fog to clear but had a lovely sunny afternoon in Y Bannau - even cleaned the camper ready for the trip next week.

2 Likes

It’s been lovely down south today. Spent some time in the garden this morning and then strolled along the promenade into town (Bognor Regis) this afternoon with MrsF for a sausage roll and coffee from Greggs (free with the Octopus energy app). Living the dream.

Maybe one day I’ll get a proper job but right now working for myself and being not very busy works for me.

8 Likes

Go to Italy, it’ll be nice and warm and you can escape the British weather.

Parkrun in Rome, Italy, today :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

13 Likes

Watching Paris-Nice on the tv was fine today. Normally there in person and I would’ve been very upset in that weather!

2 Likes

I was watching it while I was on Zwift, looked really grim, think I’d have got off on the descents :joy:

1 Like

It’s been a beautiful spring day here in London.

Due to rain all day tomorrow :frowning:

2 Likes

Same here, was nice out, bit windy, rain is back tomorrow. But the house again is bloody freezing. Im starting to wonder if its me, just have felt really cold this last week

2 Likes

Yeah, we’ve had a twat of an easterly all week and not sure I’ve seen the sun :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

It’s been a lovely week this side of the Pennines but very cold.

4 Likes