Weather: because we're mostly so British

It was a beautiful morning in That London

7 Likes

No great surprise. Highlands and West Scotland have had it drier though.

6 Likes

I am surprised by the Edinburgh region. The last time I was in the Pentland Reservoir area, the levels were very low. As a child I remember them brimming.

Bloody hell, the house feels very cold today. Got my winter chunky jumper on!

3 Likes

Another grey and miserable day. Judging by the puddle in the garden it must have chucked it down over night.

Never going to be able to mow the lawns at this rate

1 Like

I was just thinking that looking out at the mud puddle out there. So annoying!

Supposed to go really warm up here on Saturday and then back to the usual. Very odd.

1 Like

Pretty grey and miserable here. Travelling to Somt later.

2 Likes

It seems like at the moment regardless of the weather forecast at the start of the day, at some point the skies will darken and it will rain.

I guess that’s just April weather, right? :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yes we have left a period of endless rain into April when it well rains a lot.

1 Like

We stayed with my sister last night and I took a walk with the dog up to my old school playing fields that are still used by the school 50+ years after I left for Uni. The main rugby pitch won’t be used for a while - more ducks on the water than anything else as it was nearly totally flooded. It used to get boggy when I played on it but I’d never seen it covered in water like that.

1 Like

There are some fields around here now that look for all the world like they have proper established lakes in them. If you were from out of the area, you’d never guess otherwise!

2 Likes

My mum’s been saying exactly the same thing recently FP.

1 Like

A named storm on Saturday for parts of the country, and forecast to hit 19c for us :flushed:

2 Likes

Grey and wet. Without fail at some point it rain!

2 Likes

Saw the ridiculously high temps but only just noticed the wind speeds. Going to be a very odd day!

2 Likes

Yeah Im not convinced by the forecasts. How can in be touching near 20 with a low pressure system bringing 40mph winds.

Going to be an add day as you say.

1 Like

I need to pop to the shops. Ive just got a rain alert for heavy rain nearby.

Will I make it without getting wet. Stay tuned

3 Likes

Anyone know when the winds will let up in the south east?

I’ve shelled out for fence paint and sprayer and my annual leave ends on Monday. It’s a ridiculously messy task on a calm day, I’m not touching it with 54kph gusts predicted down here…

1 Like

Met Office long range says unsettled weather will continue till mid april.

3 Likes

I did not

5 Likes