Weather: because we're mostly so British

Here it’s the first weekend of proper warm sunny weather this year. White legs and cans of Tennents everywhere :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Although my legs are brown (ish - ie, not blue) from wearing shorts from March. I called it in March and I stand by my decision. :sun_with_face:

3 Likes

It’s going down to a MAX of 13 degrees on Wednesday. IT’S JUNE!!!

4 Likes

Funny old day today. Lovely and warm without a cloud in the sky and no wind on my run at 7.30 this morning.
Now it’s gone very grey and windy and doesn’t look like the same day!

3 Likes

Nicer day here today in Y Bannau - lots of cloud and a few blue patches after yesterday’s showers - but the Northerly breeze is putting a cold edge on it - was only 8C when I walked the dog earlier

Yeah there’s a weird chill to the breeze now. Bonkers day!

The central heating came on this morning!

5 Likes

was certainly bloody cold walking the dog earlier - a cold biting N breeze

Topping out at 13c on the Northumberland coast today with a significant windchill :cold_face:

Might have to put trousers on!

2 Likes

Autumn has arrived even earlier than last year :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I can see by the time most of us are eating from a straw, the weather here in the UK is going to be wetter milder, and just all over the place. The seasons will be much less discrete.

1 Like

Taylor Swift will still have her two jets though :roll_eyes::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Ah, but if she only uses 1 at a time?

2 Likes

The other one is running errands :joy:

Or going to watch a jets game to get the google hits to show that!

1 Like

I ordered heating oil at the ~10 day delivery price but since then it’s turned colder and the heating has been kicking in a few times over the last few days. We’re down to 110l of heating oil - that has to be so close to actually running out. Just received a text message that the oil delivery will be tomorrow. Gotta love just-in-time inventory :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Seaside in the UK in flaming June :cold_face: suppose I am a few miles from Scotland :joy:

7 Likes

Its dark, windy, cold and bloody raining again. Its winter basically.

3 Likes

I’m not sure why, but we had a big dump of leaves a week or so ago - they were all green when they dropped and the trees all look fine, but the fields in the park were covered with them. Maybe the heavy rain and wind brought them down?

At 5:30 yesterday when I was starting to think about cycling home, the skies darkened, there was a rumble of thunder and we had a biblical hail storm :flushed:

7 Likes

I’ve got the heating on! It’s almost the summer solstice :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I also think the hedgehog is confused and hibernating!

3 Likes

Winter gloves & arm/knee warmers for the 3rd time this week on my commute.

2 Likes