Weather: because we're mostly so British

“Watching” the webpage that is an incredibly dramatic storm. So much lightning happening all the time. :flushed:

1 Like

Gone down a nerds rabbit hole now :nerd_face:. The fun part is watching the flight paths versus the storm locations. The standard southerly route for planes is normally straight over Tours and onwards to Spain. They’re all taking a bit of a loop further east tonight.

2 Likes

Yep top left shows the strikes per minute. It was 500/min when I was looking at about 20 mil zoom.

Wadd’ya got? 22deg here in Winchester, pretty windy but feels more than 22 to me.

2 Likes

Yeah, s’ot. I’m laying bricks at the end of the garden, feels like 50°c. Phew.

4 Likes

Microsoft currently says 22C. Stepping out into the garden, it’s in direct sunlight and sheltered, so feels a lot warmer out there.

3 Likes

I was watching the little one’s ‘triathlon’ at 9.30 and was sweating just standing in the sports field.

Microsoft is saying 24, but feels much hotter as you say in the garden where it’s sheltered. Decking is a no go area, it’s like a bloody suntrap!

2 Likes

Car is saying 23c at Shrewsbury and when the sun is on you it feels that way.

Heading back to the frozen tundra soon so I’ll need to dig my coat out :cold_face:

3 Likes

23 at Cranfield which is my closest proper station. Not much breeze. Clear blue skies although quite cloudy to the west

1 Like

Adventure Jeff!!!

Give me a wave as you pass. :wave:

2 Likes

Now at Castleford and it said 27c!

Sodding M62 from Brighouse :rage:, wrong thread :joy:

1 Like

At least you’re on the motorway north once you hit Leeds and you’re on a big road all the way until you get to the A19.

When I lived and worked in that area you had to either stay on the M62 to Ferrybridge or go through Leeds to get to the A1.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m just near the big junction at Pontefract, hopefully won’t be too bad from here and the A19 might have eased by the time we get there.

2 Likes

I remember before the built the A1(M) bit and getting back from Derby took around three years :weary::tired_face:

1 Like

I presume you remember Dishforth being a roundabout?

1 Like

Yep, and I remember the horrendous roadworks when they were taking the roundabout out. The drive from Richmond to Cambridge down the A1 at the start and end of each term was terrible. The roads are so much better now and all of the roundabouts are gone now.

1 Like

Think they took it out around the late 80’s?

There was a lot of roundabouts on the A1, especially in the midlands that they got rid of.

1 Like

Met Office warnings for thunderstorms in London today

1 Like

Definitely cooler here

Yeah really changing for the worse now, which is a shame as we have a wedding in the weekend.

1 Like