What makes new TT bikes faster than old ones? (or Optimising older bikes)

Settlement statement

Resurecting this thread. Just seen on GTN that the cost to buid Frodo’s bike is around 26,000 euro. Got me thinking, how much faster is Frodo’s bike compared to my P3X (around 5,000 Euro), compared with @FatPom’s P3 (1500 Euro)

Frodo’s bike does have a super fast cockpit, although the single TT bar looks terrifying.

2 Likes

All of these bike aero improvements are marginal gains aren’t they? ( given the bike is such a small percentage of the overall Cda to begin with )

Not doubting its worth it for pro’s, but that’s a hell of a cost per watt for the average rider.

1 Like

I would guess it’s all about the cockpit, dialling in his position to be super aero and super comfortable over 180k. The bike itself can probably be pretty much off the peg, his fit will be all the custom bits for all the €€€.

Anyone seen the GCN video for the new Ribble aero bike? F1 front wing style aero bars to create a wake for the rest of the cyclist to to be behind. Seems there are many more opportunities for marginal gains. Or you could watch Hambinis video pop pop everything on the bike :smiley:.

4 Likes