What makes this treadmill more dangerous than others?

Versus this on an alternate model

That. it’s really not that hard…

As harrowing as that video is to watch - putting a guard on that treadmill might reduce one problem, but only correct supervision will correct all the problems…

But you have to design for the situation in the video - no supervision.

Yes, YOU wouldn’t leave a child without supervision but as the video clearly shows there are people out there that would. So you HAVE TO design for the worst case. Professional registration as an engineer checks that you have the ability to design out these hazards.

You, as a subset of 1 person does not equal the way the rest of the worlds population think. Well done you, you’ve passed the common sense test. The rest of the population has not.

That was my point. Thats the flaw. Most people wouldn’t think about that happening. But the engineers should and should not have left that gap in it

2 Likes

actually, i probably haven’t, but I might have passed the practical reality test.

That’s quite damming. i would guess that more have than have not…

There are plenty of problems in that video that the guard will not resolve…

The slats on my air assault get wider…whether there is something underneath to get attached to, i am yet to stick my tie in to find out :slight_smile:

IMG_4574

The treadmills have been recalled

1 Like

that’s grim…

I meant after they’d rounded the curve, they are most open at the curve, so as something goes under, the slats close and won’t let go.

1 Like

Gotcha…thanks…