Xmas time at work

Mine were in 2004 and I’m probably not the youngest on here.

Yup did those, not sure when the last year was but I’ve a feeling it was quite some time after my attempts at them

1 Like

SCEs in '85.

Highers in '86.

Some of you need to grow up :rofl::joy::rofl:

My Dad says ‘get some time in’ :fu:

I was in the first year doing GCSEs in 1988. Most of my teachers carried on teaching to the old O-level syllabus, which turned out to be more advanced than the GCSE syllabus so the actual exams were generally “easier” than the old O-level papers we’d been using for exam practice.

Not as easy as they’ve been since 2000 though :wink:

Back to the original topic, my colleagues in SA are all disappearing off for their long summer holidays, so work has gone nuts as everyone wants things finalised and deals done before they go. I’ve got year end coming up too, so lots of prep work for that too and the prospect of a tonne of work in January :disappointed:.

The last final year of O levels was 84 start, 86 finish. My sister was in the year below and did GCSE’s

Jeff

I did mine in '86 (except maths which I did a year early) and seem to remember doing a mixture of all sorts as some boards had changed earlier than others. Ended up with a load of a certificates with 1 or 2 exams on each as they were all different.

Same for me. Talking of maths in that year, it was the first year with a non calculator paper from memory (at least with my exam board).
First year of the AS/A Level system after that too

#logtables

Yep that’s the one. We were guinea pigs all the way through. They tested a new form of SAT on us and something back when we were 11.

You’re Father Christmas?

:roll_eyes::baby:

I expect the under 40s are in the minority here; much like the Triathlon demographic in general.

Anyone still in their 20s here?!

@gingerbongo @stenard you guys born in 83? Took my GCSEs in 01

Last day in the city today for 2019 :raised_hands:t2:

3 Likes

Spring 84 for me

2 Likes

:shushing_face:

You work for Calendar Club right?

I don’t know what that is and am too scared to look it up at work.

The reality is way more boring…sadly.