2021 Big Half

Just entered the Big Half. April 2021. £46. Full refund if it gets cancelled. Anyone else in?

1 Like

Dont want to piss on your bonfire, but I will anyway :wink: I did this in 2018, the first one. Never again. Was such an uninspiring route. Basically the worst part of VLM but in reverse. Usually big events can survive a mediocre route but like the run to the beat which failed there is only so much they can do with a half marathon in the worst South London has to offer.

I’d disagree with H. I like it. It’s a fast course, and there’s decent support around canary wharf, over Tower Bridge, and along the final stretch into Greenwich. There’s also something I quite like about the echo of pounding feet through the limehouse tunnel. For a pretty “big” half marathon, on my doorstep, it’s a no brainer.

I’ve done every iteration so far, and entered for 2021 yesterday as well. Then realised the new date places it the day after a rearranged wedding :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I know what you mean about the stamping feet, I always notice that in the 2 short tunnels at London, like an eerie noise.

All I could hear in Limehouse was my heavy breathing and pounding heart. No training and went out at a pace I would have struggled to hold when fit :rofl:

1 Like

Is that a witness statement :joy:

2 Likes