2021 Goals

I should put my other goal is to get close to 80kgs by SDW in June. If I’m not close by that date then I’m sabotaging my own Dragon’s Back attempt.

I need to not stress eat. I don’t think my stress will be reducing anytime soon but my reaction to it needs to.

2 Likes

Southport Triathlon
Staffs 70.3
Bolton IM

Just take part.

I’d took time and effort to get to the place as I was at in Feb 2019.
Now I just CBA :speak_no_evil::man_shrugging:t4:
Got another house to sort out.

Probably cycle 322km.
Not quite at @TROSaracen level :rofl::see_no_evil:

5 Likes

@jeffb you would get sub 2 on the NE 50 mile TT course. I am hoping they hold that again in 2021

1 Like
  1. Sub 13 at IMCH. Should have been my sub 12 attempt but the year has not been kind to me (!) so I’ll settle for parity with me 3 years ago…

2. A 100 miler with work cycling buddy. Let’s face it this is the worst aspect of IM training by (boom boom) miles so it’d be good to have someone to ride one of them with. Plus he’s never done more than 50 before so he’ll love the satisfaction too…

3. Purple belt in karate. My favourite colour so if I get to that by year’s end I can probably quit before my knees give out…

4. It’s a long shot but I’d dearly love my holiday plans to not be in vain and to get the chance to cycle in Majorca in April and the Venetian coast (post-IM) in August. We shall see.

11 Likes

There was once a young lady called Tigger,
Who had the most bountiful figure,
She’d mix all a drink
With a laugh & a wink
And a surprise what she’d do with a jigger

I have no goals for 2021

12 Likes

They often do a 100 up there, but not the same course I think. I’d possibly give it a try. The one on the A19 is quick as well, but I’m not the biggest fan of that stretch of road now, it’s getting quite busy.

A66 at Keswick isn’t too bad and a good surface.

Good point regarding the A66. An early start on the A19 would be a light of traffic. The 100 would be interesting if I could get my fuelling sorted.

1 Like

Last year (2019) on the 100 at Keswick they let you leave a marked bottle at HQ and then got a spotter to ask you if you wanted it at the next layby, so you only lost barely 15 seconds if that. 2 bottles is more than enough really. Or a hydration bladder down your front.

1 Like

Complete a century bike ride - sub 5 hour stretch target
Lose some weight 80kg down to 75kg
Sub 20min for 5k
Close the gap to a 1h15 sprint tri
Join a CTT affiliated club and race some standalone TTs on my new for 2020 TT bike - still never managed to enter any

9 Likes

I think the only targets for me, are to do a few Olympic distance tris and take a few of my cycling club’s Age Related Records over 10,25,50m, which are all quite old and soft. Might do a 12hr.

8 Likes

I’ve had the same ones for years but half the time I don’t really go after them specifically enough, such as ever running a hard 5km. The main one is weight as it’s a significant factor in everything else, I got down to 92kg this year but it’s been creeping back up since the summer.

Weight - 90kg (Starting point yet to be determined but likely north of 100kg)
Run 5km <9min/mile (8 as a stretch if that comes relatively easily, PB is 8:41)
Run 10miles <10min/mile (9 as a stretch but never been anywhere near that over a distance, PB 9:44)
Short Ride (20miles) >20mph
Long Ride 50miles <3hrs
Olympic Tri <3hours (PB is 3:15)

8 Likes

KQ at Bolton

12 Likes

Lofty goal

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

Cool. What’s the new Swiss course like?

Altriman bumped from this year.

Would be nice to figure in my AG podium places, but I’ll settle for finishing at the moment.

2 Likes

that looks proper cool!

1 Like

Meant CopenHagen!! Doh.

Ever the europhile…

2 Likes

I don’t know how to approach 2021. I’m still nervous of stuff being cancelled, so don’t really want to commit to anything. Don’t know if i want to concentrate on road running, ultra running, cycling, tri or a total mix of all.

If available, i’d like to enter and complete at least one tri next year. Could be the local sprint, could be Jurassicman as a long day out without targeting it beyond residual fitness (a mate wants to do it - but price puts me off) could be something like a solo IM.

Only real target then i guess will be PBR in under 24hrs in April (if it goes ahead - i’m totally relying on other people as i won’t get the chance to recce at all).

3 Likes

This.