2021 Random Race Thread

Southport was a qualifier too?
Seems odd to have two on the same weekend, unless Southport is no longer one???

No idea. I’m not fussed about qualifying - I’ll just race on a day licence :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Yeah, same.
Not paying to be a member of anything!

1 Like

Sunday morning should be fine, the dual carriageway way bit by wxm industrial est is super fast, you’ll spin out unless you have a dinner plate chainset.

The worst surfaces are by mafrord hill, it’s not a real hill.

1 Like

Apart from the 1000’s a year on Rapha, the 1000’s a year on handbags etc. etc.

1 Like

Got a 55/42, 52/36 and a 50/34 :+1:t3:

Entered the Sunday. There was a separate option for the ITU qualifier so will be interesting to see if they have their own wave

You ll need that 55 on that bit, you won’t need the little ring on that course.

I might.

1 Like

Are you in for the sprint or standard Southport?

I’m in for the standard. It’s a 2 hr drive for me, annoying that hotels open a couple of days after! Hoping the registration/start time isn’t too early :grimacing:

I’ve just read the swim is now only 1000m - gutted!

I’ve got a few other local standard distance events in May and June - thinking about adding a Middle distance as well, maybe the Dalesman.

I’m in for the standard as well, I hadn’t seen about the swim being shortened, although I’d rather do the full distance I’m fairly pleased about that!

Yes, hotels open the day after, but I could get an Airbnb for the Saturday, but was thinking of having a couple of days away.

I was also looking at the Dalesman or Yorkshireman if they don’t clash with other races.

I haven’t seen any timings for Southport yet so hopefully they’ll appear soon.

1 Like

Yorkshireman is postponed until 2022

1 Like

There’s also a Hampton sprint/standard on late May bank holiday. Might jump into the sprint to blow off some cobwebs. Can just ride over to that one.

2 Likes

Yes, may well enter that too but I don’t love the swim format.

I could jog to the start!

Yeah, the snake events are never ideal, but with where my swimming is likely to be at, I probably won’t be stressing over it too much. Will just be good to get some transition practice. Car hire to get to Dorney is probably not entirely unrealistic however

I’m doing the #51Fiver Cotswold Oly on 16th May and Weymouth Middle Distance on 27th June. Both deferred from last year. Just noticing that first one is now only one month away.

1 Like

Booked up my mid-July campsite in France this morning because I’m super confident of my ability to travel there & back.

(Haven’t put any money down though)

1 Like

Just checked and the Hampton tri is in the bank holiday. Could be a goer.

Either that or a long ride if we get decent weather

Just entered Race to the Bill Oly distance on Portland June 6th

If you have never been to Portland, you’ve never been to Portland.

4 Likes

Climbed there once. One of my mates races has added a an extra long version that now takes a lap of portland in. Jurassic coast 100 miler from Studland to Exmouth, with the Jurassic Extinction taking in the extra 20 mile lap of Portland!

I can see it from home on clear days.

Might have to have a chat to the boss. That would make a perfect tune up for cotswolds.

1 Like

Heard Portland described as “a Northern pit village, picked up and bodily placed on a slab of rock in the English channel”

1 Like