Aero on a budget

Tut tut.

That crank arm needs to be at 3 o clock!

3 Likes

I’ve been given a Rudy Project Boost 01 by a mate to use while he can’t exercise. Not really sure why but I accepted it anyway! :joy:

Anyone know how this stacks up against the Kask Bambino (think it was the 1st version) that I currently have?

I’m guessing, as a complete noob, that the Kask will be slightly more aero. But also hotter and noisier?

Ta

With those short shorts you will be looking hot enough :fire: :fire: :fire:

5 Likes

My recollection from the many ST threads I’ve read id that the Rudy (and to be fair I can’t tell you which model) isn’t usually very fast on most people. Sometimes it’s really fast but depends on body position & needs to be confirmed by aero testing. So basically it’s a no unless you can test it. The LG, Advantage and Aerohead are the ones that are good on most people so the sensible choice if you can’t test.

2 Likes

The Aerohead is akin to frying your brain whilst at a Roni Size concert.
I’ve had both types, the Ultimate and the vented one.
I’m just about getting my hearing back from Outlaw last year.
I wouldn’t recommend it if you want comfort. I always feel
Slightly dizzy after wearing it, plus have a bit of “fluffy” vision.

The Giro Advantage is proper old school and is decent.
I had one or two of them last time round.
I’d recommend that one.

I raised my clip on aerobars 20mm and as I expected the gear cables are now really tight. I was thinking that the front cable housing needs to be longer as I turn the handlebars my gears shift. Am I correct with this assumption and if I just need cable housing, any recommendations?

Have you tried just loosening the cable?

Depends how short your cables are. If they are long enough then you can simply replace a bit of the housing with a longer bit. Or you might need to buy a few cables.

Won’t that just leave me with loose cables that don’t shift properly?

That is what I was wondering. I have a couple of centimetres ‘spare’. Might loosen them as @BadAsh suggests which will tell me if I need new cables and housing.

1 Like

It’s to do with aero, but definitely not “on a budget”!

1:15 saving for 180k seems huge for what is such a tiny component?!

3 Likes

£635

:scream::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

1 Like

Almost seems too good to be true :thinking:

1 Like

At the other end of the scale, reports that MVdP will be sporting a £2500+ skin suit for the TdF prologue

1 Like

Didn’t Simon Yates wear a similar one to his tt victory in the giro recently as well?

1 Like

Looking for some sunglasses (less than £100) that have good visibility for TT position. Rim/frameless the way to go?

Maybe some Oakley Evzero Oakley EVZERO Blade Prizm Sunglasses | Merlin Cycles although slightly cheaper preferred!

Click, click, scroll - found these at £55 Tifosi Rail Sunglasses | Merlin Cycles

I’ve got a pair that are very similar to those.

The lenses are clear but react with sunlight - really rate them, they’re my go to now

1 Like

I picked up a pair of those last year in the sigma sports sale. For TT if you can find the road prizm lens it might be a better choice as the pink brightens things whilst taking away the glare of the sun

1 Like

Why would you wear shades for a TT?
Helmets all have visors on these days…,

…have I missed something?

1 Like

My visor was vile today. Got all misted and sweaty, could barely see a f**king thing going into the sun. Took it off for the final rep and it was miles better!

Maybe some people use a standard helmet still - shocking I know

3 Likes