Aerobic 10km challenge

Your aerobic runs are insane as well Tom!

Iā€™m trying to get to a stage where I can run fast Aerobically for ultras. Only problem my first one of the year got cancelled todayšŸ˜‚ 6th March so even if things are improving probably to soon to be planned a committee with the level of uncertainty. Fingers crossed the may follow up goes ahead!

2 Likes

Heart rate range 43-176
75% of range = 143

heart rate monitor went a bit nuts in the first km and tuned into stride cadence 170, so overall I think this is a legit <=143bpm

Previously have tested at 135bpm. The difference between 135bpm and 143bpm seems quite large for me, about 25 seconds per km

10 Likes

Right breakfast

I donā€™t need to do it if youā€™ve done it @NickBerry ā€¦ Bound to be the same right ?? :grin:

4 Likes

@mw22 think you should try, donā€™t want Mum having favouritesšŸ˜‰

1 Like

Mine will actually be far slower. Think my limit comes at 156bpm.

I ran 9k yesterday just over that threshold and pace was about 5:20/km :tired_face:

2 Likes

Why is my sandbag detector twitching :grinning:

I hope to be in the same playing field :grin:

3 Likes

Only counts as level if <=0.2% average grade

1 Like

Didnā€™t think you were allowed outside of Wales? :wink::rofl:

2 Likes

Ok so for me

Max HR 220-58 = 162
Resting HR 54 (Just taken it OMG I so out of shape after Christmas should be 45)

So [(162-54) * 0.75] + 54 gives 135

As mentioned on the other thread Iā€™ve a 45.56 from last year (AvHR 126 MaxHR 137) which I will use as my bench mark for 2021 but first

a) I need to start running
b) I need to loose 6Kgs!!! yikes

3 Likes

Some high maxHR from some people - amazing to see numbers this high. I am very much at the other end of the scale. Age 43, maxHR I think is 162 or thereabouts. Best RHR according to my Garmin this week is 31 although 34 today.

So ((162-34) * 0.75) + 34 = 130. Not sure when I will fit the 10km in as I donā€™t want to alter my treadmill runs too much but will probably slightly up the pace one day and see how I get on.

2 Likes

Just looked at my NYD 5km & I maxxed at 184 bpm. Iā€™m recalibrating my ceiling to 148bpm for this run :grin:

5 Likes

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Turns out it was 187 :face_with_monocle:, but Iā€™ll stick with the 148 ceiling.

I think @hillwall has put himself in the Bruce Lee category :hushed:

2 Likes

No idea why my RHR is low, assumed as my max is also low that they might be related. Has anyone else had a look at what effect not drinking has on RHR. If I donā€™t drink for a bit it makes a difference and lowers mine by about 5 bpm. Anecdotally others Iā€™ve spoken to have have this happen as well.

Iā€™ve never drunk, so canā€™t give any perspective.

Lowest Iā€™ve had my RHR is about 35

Yeah. Small heart beats fast I guess.

If I went by age, 45, it would probably have to be ā€œrecoveryā€ pace.

Well that was frustrating & disappointing.

Great, flat course with pretty much ideal conditions for the time of year. Iā€™m normally happy to run to a breathing pattern of 3 in/2 out but rapidly found I had to drop to a slow 3/3 & hated every step of it. I nearly jacked it in at 6km.

Not sure how the hamster heart TriTalkers are going to enjoy it but Iā€™d prefer a mile or 5km challenge any day over that.

6 Likes