Aerobic 10km challenge

I’m gonna be over 55 mins with a HR cap higher than yours!

What’s your run training like usually Doonhammer? Do you do much lower aerobic zone stuff or is it mainly higher intensity?

Just calculated 138bpm; will give this a go tomorrow.

Don’t.

:joy:

1 Like

That would beat me at that hr.

I’m thinking weighted Bergans for the low hr gang to even things up.

About 50% of body weight should be about right

2 Likes

Needs a list…
Funkster 44:32 @ 126
Nick B 45:33 @ 144
Doonhammer 49:27 @ 144

Anyone else I missed?

3 Likes

He’s dead?

3 Likes

Alcohol adds a stress on the body directly and also in disrupting sleep.

I’m not really sure. I normally just go out & run 2 or 3 times a week with a breathing pattern 3/2 (obviously this is too fast) & it averages out at about at 148/152 with a longer hilly run at the weekend. No fast stuff.

I’m aware I’m not running much at the moment & need to remedy this. I’m gearing up to hopefully doing a hilly long in July :crossed_fingers: so from today I’m going to try doing Tues 1hr at 75%, Thursday 1hr at 75% & a longer run on Sunday which I’ll alternate each week between hills & 75%. As the weather improves I’ll start some running off the bike which I’ll do harder.

3 Likes

With a HR that low, i wouldn’t be 100% sure either way

1 Like

I’m gonna be at 159bpm (1min Max) or 167bpm (5 sec Max) using the Karvonen Formula!!!

Last weeks RHR was 57bpm (alcohol and stress)
MaxHR as evidenced previously is 200bpm. (5 second all time max)
Using my most recent 1 minute MaxHR it’s 193bpm.

Which is a mid 36min 10km :rofl::man_facepalming:t4:
(Ran a 36:34 at 164bpm recently)

I’m not sure that’s “aerobic” !!!
Have I missed something???

@Poet playing the rules as they’re written, going for the win! :joy:

2 Likes

I just know this formula doesn’t work for me!!!
Anything over 155bpm and I know I’m working.

HR and paces from 2019 (when I did events and shit)

parkrun 164bpm 3:35/km
10km 164bpm 3:40/km
HM 164bpm 3:48/km

2 Likes

I am definitely in the hamster heart brigade. Just checked my last HM (Feb 2020) avg HR and that was 182, then checked the last flat HM (Sept 2017) I did and that was the same, with a 4 min period where the avg was 197 and max 200 :scream:. My fitness had a dropped off a fair bit from the Outlaw over the school holidays and I had an awful night sleep the preceding night.

I am only just back running fr a couple of weeks and haven’t gone as far as 10km yet.

5 Likes

@Poet That’s fascinating that your maxHR is >200, but race HR in the 160s. Amazing how we are all wired differently.

My pace slowed throughout this morning’s run. HR was steady but pace and RPE both fell steadily throughout. First couple of kms 4m15, last km 5 mins. Was really having to put the brakes on to keep HR in range. I guess the ability to hold a fast pace at low HR like Funkster is the holy grail, but not sure how to get there.

3 Likes

Yeah - weird isn’t it!!!
I’ve checked the activities and they aren’t HR spikes (as shown by the 1 minute averages being only slightly less)

Maybe being asthmatic “helps” my MaxHR?
Maybe the magic Froome-inhaler helps on race day?

:man_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

You need to submit a TUE then!

F*** that, I’ll just get a ban.
I didn’t get one for the 2013 World Champs :man_facepalming:t4::see_no_evil::rofl:
Named and shamed!

That would suggest you are not reaching a steady state and your HR is continuously drifting up due to overheating and/or dehydration. Or it was cold on PR day and hot on HM day.

parkrun and HM were in March. Both about 8 degrees.

10km was in June/July and was ROASTING :hot_face:

5km HR actually decreases towards the end

HM was an “uphill” finish and I seriously increased the pace over the last 4 km

10km felt nice and even