Alan Couzens & KQ - #Sciencefacts

They’ve just added their first speaker… :black_circle:

5 Likes

disappointed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ive just noticed the image :wink:
Im in, wonder if he will have a well positioned fan to blow his fringe as he talks :wink:

4 Likes

i hope so…with the sound of crashing waves in the background…

2 Likes

Am on the exec board, so will ensure he is de-platformed long before the dates…

2 Likes

is it general coaching or just cricket?

all coaching

1 Like

They organising the same for eJC?

2 Likes

am growing my fringe out especially…

7 Likes

As an aside…we have been looking at platforms to stream the conferences in future…it may not happen this time, but we hope to reach a broader audience as a result…

2 Likes

3 Likes

More #sciencefacts from the Twitterscape today, this time from HRV “guru” Marco Altini

full post here :- https://x.com/altini_marco/status/1729804421150773588?s=20

1 Like

“How to be 80 year old and have the VO2max of a 35 year old” Quite simple really… * ~30min of strength training each week to keep skeletal muscle mass ~50% of total mass.* ~60 min of “vigorous” (z2-4) aerobic training each week. (Note: Nothing above 9METs ~65% VO2max!) * 2.5hrs of easy aerobic (Z0/Z1) exercise per day

https://x.com/Alan_Couzens/status/1767894527547723787?s=20

and some other advice :- Train 3 hours a day and then worry about the genes.

An under desk treadmill, sounds like a nightmare for typing/reading code/concentrating, I’d fall off :wink:

2 Likes

Probably still have to be working then

2 Likes

at the rate I’m going, I will have a vo2 max of 35 long before I’m 80… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

See if you can spot my comments…:slightly_smiling_face:

if 9 METS is 65% of VO2max, what’s 100%? Something like 14 METS?

Tried that on various gym machines & can’t imagine I’ll be doing it at 80 :astonished:

2 Likes

I already follow you :wink:

1 Like

Dare I say it, whisper it perhaps but: does anyone subscribe to Couzens’ Substack/research article series?