Alcohol free beer

I know, everyone questions that at first.

I’ll qualify the “Tastes great” by saying, compared to some I’ve tried!
It’s an IPA, and does taste good.

1 Like

I like that one too and Erdinger. Not keen on Nanny State though.

Uploading: 15726420332253502417190926989341.jpg…

125kcal in Erdinger. A lot more in the random persons 90th birthday cake

Probably the only successful advertising I’ve succomed to. Never would have tried it if wasn’t for Outlaw and realised I like. Not claiming its healthy though with that much sugar, probably barely any better than alcoholic.

3 Likes

Had some of this stuff last night after running. Tasted pretty good to me.

Avoiding alcohol is my new cunning plan to hack an aging frame and physiology. Dunno if it will work. A few weeks ago there was a m45-50 guy on slowtwitch posting about how he qualified for Kona. He seemed to be answering questions with a straight bat so I asked him if he drank alcohol. His answer was basically “of course not”. That kind of got me thinking whether to give it a try. 3 weeks in & so far so good, as long as there are enough of these alcohol free boys in the scullery.

3 Likes

That flat tire tastes great, had it before, think it may belong on the other shelf though? 4.5 % abv :no_pedestrians:

0.5%, which if I understand it correctly is classed as alcohol free… something to do with the rate that your body processes the alcohol! :man_shrugging:t2:

I just tend to mix normal beer 1:4 with sugar-free lemonade, which retains most of the taste but reduces the calories/alcohol by a whole load. Lidl economy diet lemonade is 17p for 2L and very sweet & lemony, and Co-Op do ‘Carters Star’ diet lemonade 2L for 18p which is also nice.

1 Like

Oh lord. I was the most unwell I have been for what I reckon is 7 years. Copious red wine mixed with various coffee themed cocktails is ill advised. Those ‘endless’ glasses topped-up by the host are lethal :nauseated_face:

I wish there had been beer; but it was a house warming in Henleaze :face_with_monocle: I was that far gone I tipped the Uber driver not one, but two Fivers :rofl:

2 Likes

:laughing:

Look at this way, the next time you need a lift, he’s gonna be at your door very very quickly!

Uber?! How very modern.

Why not just a taxi?! :grimacing:

I stuck to wine with the alcohol on the weekend! New case arriving this week to keep me going until Xmas (we only drink a bottle per weekend between us)

Ironically, rather than wait for an Uber at the Station on the way in, I jumped in a taxi and it was about £4 less than Uber were asking due to ‘demand’. Swings & roundabouts.

But after midnight, an Uber is way less than a Taxi if you’re going out of town.

1 Like

If they operate in your backwater town that is!

Yes, that too. Very few locally to get into the city; fine coming back out. Especially with my tipping reputation :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The Guiness beer I mentioned, sold in Morrisons.

4 Likes

I tried Flat Tire and it was alright TBH, still prefer Erdinger and Franziskaner. Not overly concerned by calories in it any more than I would be in regular beer.

I recall there was some analysis done that proved beyond any reasonable doubt that every athlete has an optimum (alcoholic) beer intake that enhances performance. The science was incontrovertible. Up to around 2.48 pints (UK), the resulting sh1t the next morning would weigh enough to improve a 5km run time by up to 1.3% - less than that and you just end up with a slightly dusty mouth, any more and performance starts to deteriorate. Interestingly the genius that came up with this was last seen going to the Nike Inc headquarters for an interview and was never seen again

4 Likes

Brooklyn Brewery lager. If your a fan of the original, which I am, this is great.

2 Likes

Recent circumstances have re-ignited my interest in alcohol free beer (malt beverage being the preferred local term). Just returned from the supermarket with these fellahs, will report back :beers:

Edit: well they are both a bit meh, but there you go. Marginally prefer the German one to the Turkish one as the Turkish one tastes a little too sweet IMHO. I’m going with 4/10 and 3/10 :neutral_face:. Still, better than nowt.

2 Likes

Infinite Session IPA is my fav. Lucky Saint is OK too

1 Like

I have only a tried a few. Erdinger is the only one that didn’t have that familiar tang to it; they all kind of tasted the same. Erdinger AF is 0.5% iirc.

3 Likes