All things camping & campervan

Bar/Restaurant has finally opened but not serving food. Gone in to watch football, there’s one couple and me in a room big enough for a couple hundred with a cinema screen complete with lifesize Elvis mannequin. Can hear woman from couple talking but not bloke, then he speaks and he’s got one of those things in his throat like South Park.
I’m in the f*ckin twilight zone :scream:

14 Likes

Looks look it’s all kicking off in there, be careful. :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve seen enough episodes of Dr Who to keep an eye on that Elvis fella :grimacing:

5 Likes

Dorset, and your welcome to it, @JaRok2300 . Dorset and your welcome to it :grinning:

2 Likes

We love Dorset, and Charmouth in particular.
There’s nothing really “wrong” with this site and I’d stay here again if we couldn’t get on our usual one but would never choose this over the other one if both were available.
Ps. Don’t f*ck with their bridges:

3 Likes

I’ve seen that sign before but I’m sure it wasn’t Devon, somewhere like Sussex or Surrey.

1 Like

Yes I have seen that sign. In fact on a rainy November afternoon here, it can almost seem like an attractive proposition. To Australia, isn’t it?

2 Likes

We built The Coat Hanger :grin:

1 Like

Is that how you ended up there @FatPom ? :grinning:

1 Like

It was cheaper than flying. I still have the lash marks though and my butt hurts :joy:

2 Likes

Ah well, at least it sounds like you had a good time…

2 Likes

If I was stuck in Dorset I would happily be transported the fuck out of there.

3 Likes

Back in our favourite place while Mrs J still recuperating from op. Won’t be much fossil hunting this time as she can’t walk far or bend down very well.
I may have to venture over to the twilight zone again if they’re showing the football on Sunday. :scream:

14 Likes

where is that?

Charmouth

1 Like

Mrs J - Why don’t you go for a walk on your own this afternoon.
Me - Yeah, I might walk to Golden Cap and back.
Mrs J - You must go a walk along the beach, you might find some fossils.
Me - Nah, I’m not really bothered about doing that on my own.
Mrs J - But I’d like to see what you find.
Me - So what you’re saying is “GO AND FIND ME SOME FOSSILS!!!”
Me -:

Ps. I’m watching the first half of the football in the van then I’m off to the twilight zone for the second.:grimacing:

16 Likes

Strong fossil game.

Was really good visibility today and I thought of you as we walked the coast path,looking out over to Golden Cap and the whole jurassic coast. Could see Portland really clear today as well.

2 Likes

The weather’s been really changeable the whole time we’ve been here; from quite strong, warm sunshine to torrential rain and gusty winds. You could go from too warm to freezing and back again every 5mins

1 Like

Nothing changes much in the twilight zone.

7 Likes

Is that the place that has all the fire brigade memorabilia?

1 Like