All things camping & campervan

I did exactly the same. :laughing:

1 Like

Thought I’d get one of these, with a rack for my Frankenbike.

download

Optimised for aero.

3 Likes

looks…errrm…lush :thinking:

Hmm, that’s perhaps too nice for that “bike,” something more like this:

heku-carcamp-sm

1 Like

download%20(1)

To be fair, I think my (bike) creation looks a little better in the flesh.

Kind of ‘cute’

I had a T25 years ago and was close to buying one this time but plumped for a T4 instead.
Not a big fan of high tops, great when camping but a bit of a pain the rest of the time, driving, parking etc.
The T25’s also suffer quite badly from seem rash which can be very expensive to sort out as even going back to bare metal on the outside might not get to it.

We have had a Nissan NV200 for a year now. Best purchase EVER! Really easy to drive and park as it’s not much bigger than a large 4x4 car.

9 Likes

Deffed training last night (I took Norton wanting to do some kind of update as a sign) and fitted my new centre console with 6x9 speakers into the van.
I is officially down with the kids now, init.
Ps. Found myself browsing sub-woofers on Ebay - I think I’m having a mid-life crisis!

So i’ve pulled the trigger on this today: Outwell Parkdale 6PA Tent 2020 Package Deal

Wasn’t the exact one i wanted, that was the Vango Rome, but this was available now and about £300 cheaper, and there’s not a great deal between them.

5 Likes

Nice.

My happiest childhood memories are of camping holidays. When I chat about it to my kids, their happiest childhood memories are camping too… simple holidays with time together.

2 Likes

Yep i’ve always loved camping. Never did it with my folks (didn’t do any holidays really, as Dad was a farmer) but went away with Surf Lifesaving and stuff like that. Have taken the eldest one away once before #2 was born, using a mate’s tent. Been waiting for the little one to get a bit older before we brave it. She’s 2.5 now so i think we could try it this year. They’ll love it. Even more so if we can get a mate to come along with their kids.

1 Like

All Outwell kit we’ve had has been well put together. It should serve you well.

Pitching time: 9 mins :joy: :rofl: :joy:

4 Likes

I’ll time it on my first crack!!! if i hit 19 i’ll be happy!

2 Likes

We had an older style (poles) one… first few times we had to pitch it we had rain, high winds, sloped pitches. And we did pretty well.
First time we had a flat pitch with no wind - almost ended in divorce!

3 Likes

Yeah, the first time is always a learning experience. We’ve got a wee air awning for our caravan & it’s great.

we had a lightweight 2 man Outwell tent that saw us up Kilimanjaro through pissing rain for 5 days - it kept us dry OK

2 Likes

New tent has arrived already. Man it is mahooosive!!!

No idea where i’m going to store this thing … and the roofbox hasn’t arrived yet either!!! :grimacing:

I’m going to have rent a blimmin lockup at this rate!!!

4 Likes

What you need is a junker car parked just down the road :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Preferably one that was actually locked! The tent would be worth a lot more than the car!!! :rofl:

2 Likes