All things oenophillic

For ref. This was last night’s if anyone was interested…

2 Likes

from one of my previous posts. had the Pinot Noir last night to celebrate our 41st wedding anniversary. have to say it was rather lush! not the fruitiest or thinnest PN I’ve ever had and at 12.5% a good alcohol level compared to some of the bonkers 14% stuff. but it had a lovely round flavour that didn’t leave the tongue quickly after swallowing. at £22 a bottle it’s a tad pricey for an everyday but for special occasions well worth seeking out. website here - https://www.charlespalmer-vineyards.co.uk/

6 Likes

Congrats FB

1 Like

Well bloody done!!!
41 years is solid.

If that’s 41 married, how long together?

I always wonder that, because my wife and I will be married 8 yrs this Sept, but we’ve been together for 17 years this week actually.

1 Like

cheers. solid 'cos of 2 reasons - same interests (plus we also worked together for over 30 years with our own biz) and best of friends…

2 Likes

46 together. met on the training course for our 1st jobs straight after Uni as fresh faced 21 year olds, both of us the time in long term relationships (I was engaged at Uni ffs!).

3 Likes

How can you all remember how long you’ve been married. I have to work it out. First how old is my eldest, add a year. That’s how long.

1 Like

Haha. Love it.

I know we got together at Easter during first year of uni, so when I was 19. Work it back from my age now. Wedding was 2012. That year sticks in the head.

1 Like

Easy for me to remember too as my wife and I got together in our last year of school - 2001!

Congratulations @fatbuddha

2 Likes

Mrs FB reminds me… :slightly_smiling_face:

nah - just one of them important things that stick in the brain. the important date for us is the day we met, the wedding date is secondary to us.

It seems we share a wedding anniversary, although only 10 for us and we didn’t celebrate it at all.

2 Likes

The same day as South Africa won the RWC - the one with Mandela & Pienaar - we listened to it on the way to the reception.

(Also engraved inside my wedding ring :wink: )

2 Likes

I’m too fat to take my ring off currently. Even if it was in there. :rofl:

2 Likes

I ain’t drinking no fcuking Merlot!

Name the film…

1 Like

Sideways, Paul Giacometti. Under-rated

1 Like

Yes. Another under-rated Paul Giamatti film (imho) is Ironclad.

we didn’t celebrate it for many years as our meeting date was, and still is, more important. but when we moved into our last property in 2001 we quickly got to know our immediate neighbours (we moved in a week apart onto a new build dvelopment). turned out that we got married on exactly the same day - and since then we have celebrated it together - until yesterday. but we’re planning a delayed celebration when lockdown is over.

1 Like

Ha ha, well done. I’d forgotten that movie but I did see it way back.

So ive got to say the Romanian, La Fontana Vecchia really stood out for me as its so moreish.

Cant find out specifics of the region though.

Not a popular opinion and sold out so

1 Like