All things whisky

Depends on budget.

10, 18 and 9 Bordeaux (don’t be put off by the price to age as it doesn’t always mean that much) are all supposed to be good.

For an indie I really enjoyed this one

1 Like

Has this dram last night. Oldest thing I’ve drunk by a long way at 47 years old.

2 Likes

Well this was a good one. At £4500 a bottle it should be…

Today was spent at a whisky festival. Very educational.

4 Likes

how much did that glass cost you :open_mouth:

It wasn’t as much as you think.

It cost me two tokens, so £20. Already had one included in the entrance price and thought it was worth spending an extra tenner.

I did try a Glen Grant 51 year old. Problem was the ABV had dropped and taste was washed out.

1 Like

That’s worth every penny jus to taste it!

That’s a hefty size serving of coming from a £4.5k bottle. At £20 a glass they’re selling well under the going rate.

Good decision to have tried it!

1 Like

Well if you’re only going to have one bottle, it should be decent. Only served when my Dad is visiting.

I paid about £30 tax free in 2010.

5 Likes

I’m not sure it’s that difficult to select Malts that will escalate in value if you’re prepared to wait 10+ years…

Reputable distillery from Speyside or the Isles (not the biggest commercial ones)
15+ years old.
Limited release/edition will be failsafe.

:tipping_hand_man:

1 Like

You know the one on the left will be the one to ‘bank’.

Very pleasantly surprised by the Aberlour 12yo I got my Dad for Father’s Day; really smooth. If I didn’t have to get up at 6am the other day, I’d have had a second.

4 Likes

Thought I’d google Ardbeg Nam Biest, which I have the dregs of in an old hip flask for the last 10 years or so! Bought in 2007 in Germany for not much I’d say (maybe €40). Last took a nip the day The Queen died. Quite apt given the value now … I’m noticing a theme…

3 Likes

Ardbeg is my favourite, Corryvreckan is fruity and smoother, but Uigeadaul smokey and peaty and great also. Even the basic 10yr is good.

1 Like

Back home after a weekend away with some friends.

Scottish Highlands are beautiful.

4 Likes

Just seen this old post of yours. I often encounter samples labelled like that. Tend to dip a stick in it to check for UTI , rather than drink them though :smile:

5 Likes

Tried a super rare bourbon this morning. Worth a trip to the new shop in Covent Garden if you’re nearby. This is multiple £k if you even see it for sale.

1 Like

:exploding_head:

2 Likes

Needs must. Anyway, it’s only 45%, it’s practically a breakfast whisky

2 Likes

Keep meaning to buy a bottle of doublewood, just because it was recommended as a decent cheapish “daily” sherry cask .

1 Like