And now for the gallery... ...what images have you got?

Do you think the green fields talk to the single yellow field or does it get shunned? :smile:

4 Likes

Lots of Rapeseed fields around here; we need them with the War going on!

2 Likes

Rapeseed is canola isn’t it? Do we get a lot from Russia then?

Probably more from Ukraine. I know there’s a sunflower oil shortage at the mo, as lots comes from there,.

2 Likes

Ah I see. Loads of it grown in Somt, there was a lot around Winchester but more and more fields seem to be turning into solar farms.

Rapeseed oil is often sold as vegetable oil in the UK. Before Christmas I read a load of articles about making an “authentic takeaway curry” and they stated to use rapeseed oil but not the expensive labelled stuff, just regular check the ingredients in vegetable oil. They seem to be right, I’ve been checking and most vegetable oil is rapeseed.

3 Likes

Yep, vegetable oil is rapeseed.
Cold pressed rapeseed is very different, a lovely rich orange colour, although I tend only to use it occasionally.

As far as I can work out, ‘canola’ was invented to avoid using the word ‘rape’

2 Likes

Canola is actually a specific “brand” of Rape, bred in the 60’s or something to reduce some stuff (searching now it’s “erucic acid from oil and glucosinolates from meal”) given the limits on erucic acid in the EU is the same as north america, there’s a good chance our Rape has just had the erucic acid processed away but I don’t really know.

1 Like

I was told about the canola / rape seed thing in New Zealand and did check in a supermarket that all products were canola. I don’t recall ever seeing the word canola in the UK.

So maybe there’s more than one thing going on that varies from country to country??

We use it for salad dressing - to good to waste for cooking

World’s End … A bit less snowy than the last time I pedalled over

16 Likes

Out on the mtb. They drove to the forest and I rode there. Cracking day!

17 Likes

out on ‘the other bike’ now😁

8 Likes

Looking lovely. There’s something about swimming into a sunset (other than being blinded :joy:)

16 Likes

Newport Market food hall - how to reinvent a run down Victorian market in a run down city. Jobs a good un!

8 Likes

As I was passing, I thought I’d stop and see if I could see a baboon’s arse. Nope, rarer than spotting a haggis apparently.

10 Likes

View from new office

14 Likes

Erm, previously Boro’s greatest baked potato shop :grimacing:

13 Likes

I should have taken a tea tray with me. Perfect snow for speedy sledging.

12 Likes

Isn’t that the entrance to Mickey’s Gym? :sweat_smile:

5 Likes