And now for the gallery... ...what images have you got?

Toute a faire :wink:

Avoiding busy Dover with a calm and peaceful crossing. 1 night in Dieppe and now for the wonderful motorways of france with cheap diesel on board. It’s not all perfect but feels perfect when you’re in holiday mode.

12 Likes

:sweat_smile: there you go

2 Likes

we’re heading to France in September - but via the Tunnel as I have some frequent traveller tickets I need to use up by the year end or I lose them. Mrs FB is a TO at a Euro champ event in La Baule, so we’re driving to Calais where I’m dropping her off on a Wednesday to get a train and I’ll take a couple of days driving there in the campervan (avec le chien) and we’ll meet up again on the Sunday and then head off somewhere.

Ah La Baule is a fabulous triathlon! Really one of my favourites. A good friend will be the “speaker” (announcer). And it’s a beautiful town to visit. I wonder if the old lead official will be there or whether he has actually hung up his stripes finally.

ETA: you must try a ‘fondant baulois’ - delicious chocolate cakes sold at the top of the main shopping street.

1 Like

Mrs FB is there for the ETU Youth Champs which is an elite athlete event running alongside the standard events

1 Like

Yeah they always tag a Grand Prix or ETU race onto the whole event. It’s the local uni/business school that organises it as part of their second or third year project. It’s a good atmosphere. Completely chaotic in the corporate events but that adds to the entertainment.

1 Like

6 Likes

9 Likes

The local NCP?

6 Likes

It’s completely separate to Woollacombe but it is the same stretch of sand, just at the other extreme end. I’ve just come through Woolacombe on my run, it’s so different to Putsborough, lots of football shirts!

1 Like

I thought it looked more like the local slammer, the building behind

3 Likes

Got the hump?

1 Like

Be on the lookout for King Arthur as you seem to have found the camel lot

16 Likes

:joy::clap::clap:

1 Like

Ask them which one is Joe? :wink:

1 Like

That’s my back garden……:rofl::rofl::grinning:

1 Like

Clearly not my photo but saw that and it blew my mind that they managed to capture this so clearly.

17 Likes

CIA Station? (are there any sat dishes hidden?)

2 Likes

Drove to IKEA to get some mugs. There was a snow park in the mall. Meanwhile, car dash read 47C in the shade. :thinking:

17 Likes

Don’t tell Greta :rofl:

5 Likes