Apple Watch Swim into Garmin, or Suunto apps?

Hi all,

A bit of a long shot.

Now that IMVC are taking swim in for racing, Im struggling to get the data in and neither support from IMVC, Garmin or Suunto are being helpful.

The closest Ive got is MapMyFitness which records swim time but uselessly, not distance. This goes straight into IMVC.

Ive tried the Swim.com app which syncs into Strava, but not Garmin or Suunto even though it is supposed to and Ive set up the synchs no data is flowing.

IMVC will take data from; Garmin (I do rides this way), Nike+ (I do runs this way), Suunto, MApmyfitness, Runkeeper, Fitbit, Polar, Adidas Run, HealthMate, Decathlon Coach, TomTom, and Rouvy.

MySwimPro will sync from Apple Watch to Strava.
Also, HealthFit - which is a £2.99 app can be used to push from Apple Watch/Health data to just about anything :+1:t3:

Is MapMyFitness = UnderArmour Connected Fitness?

Health fit has been a bit hit and miss over the last few months for me. Not uploading data to Training Peaks.

Have you updated it?
Mine fell off a bit too, mainly when Strava removes the third party API stuff…seems to be better now

1 Like

If you can do this, then can you download from strava the raw file being sent to strava? And then manually import into Garmin Connect?

Strava no good, they banned IMVC. Manual transfers no good.

So if you manually import a .fit file into Garmin Connect, it won’t then onward sync it to IMVR?
That’s a challenge then.

1 Like

Yup.

Can you stream data from Strava into Garmin connect? Or anything else?

Can you push things to one of the supported places using this: https://tapiriik.com/

Tell me if Im being an ass, because Id happily kill this mofo at the drop of a hat :sweat_smile:

————————
Hi,

How do I connect swim activities from my Apple Watch to IMVC?

I have tried a variety of apps but none are clear about what works and what doesn’t.

Thanks,
Joe

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for your message.

To use IRONMAN Virtual Club and add your activties, you can :

• connect directly your sport watch or wearable tracking device: we are compatible with Garmin, Polar, Suunto, Fitbit, Withings and TomTom.

• use another compatible application from the Sport Heroes ecosystem: Nike+, Runkeeper, MapMyRun/Ride/Walk, Decathlon Coach and Rouvy.

To do this, go to our application: More > Settings > Connected apps or from our website: Manage my apps .

Check [our article here].

It is also possible to import your GPX/TCX/FIT files.

Have a nice day,
The IRONMAN Virtual Club team

Hi,

I tried mapmyfitness and synched a swim, but it doesn’t record distance, only time. Will this be good enough for the full Ironman, Kona event?

Hello Joseph,

Unfortunately not, you’ll need to record distance as well :slight_smile:
But for Kona Series, you’ll also be able to run instead of swim.

Have a nice day,
Hugo

Okay, can you tell me which app will transmit swim data into IMVC please?
Joe

Hello Joseph,

You can use for instance Garmin, Polar, Suunto, etc.
You’ll find them [all in here]

Have a nice day,
Hugo

Hi Hugo. You cannot record a swim using a Garmin app on Apple Watch.
Joe

Hello Joseph,

Did you read the article attached in my previous email :slight_smile: ?
The answer is there.

Have a nice day,
Hugo

Hi,
I need to know which app I can run on my Apple Watch so that it will sync into IMVC. If you are sure your link has the answer, would you do me the honour of telling me please, because I can’t see it?

Regards
Joe

Hello Joseph,

You’ll only need to click here to see the article
There are different possibilities, you choose :wink:

Have a nice day,
Hugo

I have read the article twice, but I cant see a way forward. If there are many solutions could you please suggest one app I can install on my apple watch to move this forward, please?

Joe

1 Like

And to make things worse, they’re dealing with you, in a ‘professional’ capacity using frickin emojis!

1 Like

Yeah.

:fist::eggplant::sweat_drops: