Bottom Bracket Standards...386Evo

Ooh!!!
Fancy swapping?

I’ve a 55T 130BCD 10sp SRAM TT outer and a DA 42T inner…

53/39 just over 4000 kms on them. They are fairly old FSA rings that now don’t look great. Bit of surface corrosion on them etc…

Should be 130BCD but would need to check.

Suspect yours will be in better condition than mine so not really a fair trade

Have you seen the bloody cost of them!!!
If you find any cheaper than £50 let me know.

I’ve found full 52/36 Ultegra cranksets for £100, barely used.

I like the look of the TT specific ones - especially the Vision TriMax crankset. But they are dollar.

Seeing as my bike was £400, I don’t want to spend a great deal of cash on some rings.
I’ll swap out my summer roadie crankset for now, but I’d rather just have a ring.

Have you felt how light they bloody are?
There’s nothing to them!!!

Yeah I know it’s crazy. Can find that 55/56 ring easily enough but the smaller 42 is harder to find.

When I get home this evening I’ll post up some pics of the rings.

Good excuse to get the tt bike out of the bike box :+1:t2:

Managed to find a 53T Rotor ring for £30 :smiley:

So I’m going down that route for now.

2 Likes

Saturday wet job, swap out my 55/42 for a 53/39
Didn’t have a 10sp quick link, so still got the chain to shorten and the front mech to lower :sob:

image image

1 Like

I actually have a 50t Q Ring now, paired with a 36 round. I just have no need for anything bigger even on a flat course!

1 Like

Except legs?

1 Like

The big gear thing is actually outdated. What kind of FTP do you need to be spinning out a 50x11…

You’d be doing around 52kph at 90rpm!
https://www.bikecalc.com/gear_speed

Same here, I run 39/50 on my TT bike. I’m not quick enough to need a 53 on a flat course and the 50 puts me on (roughly) one sprocket smaller on the back than a 53 for the same gear which gives a better chainline. And I’m more of a spinner than a big gear masher!

It’s not about that!

The 55 was awesome, because I could get into the 14/15 cog at 89-91rpm and be at my perfect %FTP with zero chain crossover, so keeping an efficient drive chain.

It’s all about the chain crossover.

I’ll rarely use the 11/12T, or even the 13T, but the slightly smaller rings will help me no end up the hills of Bolton

It’s not so much about pushing a bigger gear but more about having your chain line nice and central

2 Likes

Yes yes. With a 50T Q Ring I am using the middle of the cassette! Which is why I chose it :slightly_smiling_face: I also don’t need a ridiculously large cassette then either; 12-23.

3 Likes

Bloody hell, really?
What are you spinning that at???

I’m well pleased with mine for £30.
Going to give it a little test tomorrow (when my Wiggle ROS package arrives :shushing_face:)

Does nobody have an issue with these curtains? :open_mouth:

It’s on the Pain Cave thread.
It’s a shower curtain hiding the ills behind.

Fourth effing bottom bracket in 16 months for the gravel bike :rage::rage:

Something is definitely wrong :rage:

Two hours later and I’ve fashioned something from remnants. It works, but it’s noisier than a Björk concert

1 Like

The TT bike is in for a new BB, as it is a BBRight and odd size bearings in the P5 it is a total PITA so it is a full replacement. My own fault for riding in horrid conditions in Devon last November

3 Likes

If I became prime minister the first law I’d pass is that all bikes must have an English threaded 68mm bottom bracket

8 Likes

Is that the Shimano 24mm internal diameter one?

googles it yes. Yes it is.

Pass that law now!!! They’re far and away the best. (And cheap!!!) I’ve had one on my winter Ribble for 6 years now.

1 Like