Brian Chapman Memorial Audax (600k) - 2020

Consider me suitably embarrassed by my question.

2 Likes

You just need to understand the basics. So start with questions about beards, full length metal mudguards and pen protectors. :grinning:

…& proper old Rapha kit before it became effete :smile:

1 Like

Effete is not a word you often see; reminds me of the Kurgan quote from Highlander

…“Nuns, no sense of humour”… :confused:

If it’s on the label of a Rapha jacket, it’s peaked.

Scottish 500 has Also jumped the shark.

Looks like it’s LEL for you :wink:

I’ve only ever read about Audaxes. I imagined they were ridden my men with big beards on old rickety bikes with their trousers rolled up to the knees.

1 Like

I’ve ridden loads of them. Some are like, some aren’t. The scene has changed a bit.

1 Like

I don’t think Rapha kit goes that far back does it?

There are certainly the die-hards, who’s lives are pretty much dominated by Audax; but there are also more ‘conventional’ cyclists that do them too.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a pretty broad church, these days. Everything from carbon and deep rims to bikes where rust is the only thing holding it together. They’re good fun, and the routes tend to be very scenic. A good way of getting some long miles in.

2 Likes

I’ve been meaning to put together some of the random videos but since facebook keep reminding me and i’m bored here’s a compilation from a 600k a year ago where I actually managed to keep up the videos up to the last 100k or so :smiley:

few more to come when fb reminds me tomorrow as I think we hit the sleep stop sometime in the wee hours.

Finally lost my sh*t for doing videos…

Random:

1 Like