Challenge Salou & Race report

News just in, swim shortened to 750m due to storm on Friday and Saturday. On one hand suits me, on the othet hand i want to race where i am weak

3 Likes

Looks like that happened last year, too!

How are you feeling, Matt?

Ready for it?

Good luck!

If itā€™s as rough as IM Wales 2014 a shortened swim will be plenty tough, but I get the ā€˜suits meā€™ vs ā€˜arsed off itā€™s not a full raceā€™ dilemmaā€¦.

I am feeling pretty good. Its an early race, and I am no where near my peak, but that is fine, itā€™s early season and very much a practice race.

I donā€™t really care whether it is a full distance or not, safety of competitors is most important. I can see quite a lot of DNFs, its going to be sunny, but pretty cold.

1 Like

Good luck :muscle:

Good luck Matt, have a great race :blush: :four_leaf_clover:

Best of luck Matt :facepunch:t2:

Good luck Matt, smash it

Just announced, its a duathlon: Air temp 4 degrees, water 13, apparently the average of air and water must be 12 degrees according to World Triathlon rules, so well below minimum temp

4 Likes

I am number 517

4 Likes

Crush it Matt

Good luck!

Mattā€™s on the bike it looks like. Heā€™s appearing in the M45-49 results & showing as 22nd in that group after the first 4km run and 19th after T1

Time to tear it up on the bike :muscle:

Go Matt

4 Likes

Lots will have gone crazy in that 4k run, hopefully Matt will edt them up.

1 Like

Up to 4th M45-49 after the bike. Must have engaged beast mode

Edit looks like would have been 1st M50-54 at T2, I thought thatā€™s what he was racing as? Maybe just on the borderline?

4 Likes

Do they count differently at challenge? Iā€™m sure heā€™s M50.

Great performance either way!

2 Likes

Well that was fun. Unfortntunately, challenge appear to allocate AG based on Birthday, so I am AG 45-49 by 38 dayā€¦ Bollocks

Massive confidence Boosting race for me, and I beat Keith

Some Bastard moved by bag in T1 so Lost about 30s looking for it.

18 Likes

Well done!

Well done , tracker went a bit Ironman so couldnā€™t follow it, but sounds a good effort Sir.

My aim was top 3 50-54 and i was actually the fastest so as far as i am concerned job done1

11 Likes