Christmas 2022

Is there no thread yet, you heathens?

6 Likes

I usually love Christmas but Im not feeling the love this year. Finish work on Friday and hopefully that will bring out my Christmas cheer a bit.

5 Likes

Jack and the Beanstalk was our local panto last year, the star, who didn’t do an awful lot, was Louie Spence. Think it was the first panto I’d seen for about 30 years.

This years effort was Beauty and the Beast, with Ann Hegerty.

I’ve come to the conclusion many of these stars add nothing to the show.

My neighbour sat in the second row, and was the person picked by the dame and other chatty character for a bit of banter. I’ve quite enjoyed the pantos, but I’m much more of a back few rows rather than front few!

4 Likes

For a bit of banter you can also try visiting the London Dungeon. Years ago I found myself hauled up into the dock walking through the mock Victorian courtroom, muggins got chosen at random from about 50 people in the group including my kids.

“Where are you from?”
“Dorset”
“Say: Dorset, Your Honour.”
“Dorset, Your Honour”
“Never mind. You are accused of… (pause)… having carnal knowledge of a horse.”
(Kids smirking)
“Have you anything to say?”
(Grasps to salvage something from the profound humiliation)
“Yes, your honour. In Dorset it is every man’s duty and pleasure.”
(Kids no longer smirking. He’s not my dad. I swear the judge blinked though, so a partial win)
“Very well. Case dismissed.”

And he moved on to some poor lass from Dagenham who I seem to recall got accused of stealing pies.

18 Likes

9 Likes

OK, taking this from the Zwift thread. TT nativity or panto, who are you casting…

@toby_Hole_in_the_leg is Buttons
@Poet Fairy Godmother

@gingerbongo a shepherd, obviously.

9 Likes

There’s a lot of competition for the 3 wise men

9 Likes

Perhaps the weight loss thread might help decide who gets cast as the beanstalk?

4 Likes

It’s a competition between @Hammerer and @GRamsay for the giant

9 Likes

Why am I the Fairy Godmother??? :fairy:

I’d prefer “first ass” :joy:

@JibberJim , @stenard and @Whisk for the Three Wise Men.

@leahnp as the beanstalk.

Who’s gonna be Herod, though?
Any baby killers? People willing to execute their wives? Or three of their sons?

Joseph? Schlepping around behind his unfaithful wife, who’s pregnant with someone else’s child?

Inn Keeper = @joex

Gabriel?

4 Likes

Granting wishes with a few home truths thrown in.

And always dressed in glitter…

6 Likes

can I be Buddha?? oh hang on………

We could fight :wink:

I’m 6ft5ish, maybe just under. Last time i was measured it was metric so 195cm, not a giant really :wink:

Certainly not me :wink:

2 Likes

Thinking about it, maybe @Poet should be in charge of costumes and lighting (mainly candles)

5 Likes

@funkster must be in charge of costumes.

7 Likes

I could be the Donkey?

Or viewed from the side a prepartum Mary.

2 Likes

FTFY :wink:

3 Likes

:rofl: well yeah that’s fair but was thinking with my first name and all. There’s no Spanish bus driver in the story is there?

1 Like

Don’t tempt/tease

5 Likes

Woo hoo - its proper xmas waste the working day time…

3 Likes