Coffee, a thread related to it

Otley :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::raised_hands:t2:
Salami and Co is our favourite, mainly as the dog can go in, then (if heā€™s good) he gets a savoury duck from Weegmans (I obviously donā€™t get a nice warm pork pie)

1 Like

Thatā€™s our favourite stop on the way home, I did see they have dog treats there. It always suprises me how many cyclists go to the Bowling Green for a costa coffee when Salami & co are just arouund the corner. With covid, we get a coffee then sit in the square over the road.

1 Like

My Nespresso milk frother is the best Christmas present Iā€™ve ever had!

1 Like

That looks more like a dessert!

1 Like

Can you stil get Mellow Birds?

Itā€™ll make you smile.

Not sure. But this in work; weā€™d go into the ā€˜Messā€™ on base, Iā€™d turnaround and theyā€™d all disappeared having necked their coffee!

Whereas ā€˜Coffee in the Messā€™ in the UK is considered a pow-wow.

2 Likes

quick google you can.

1 Like

Heretic!

The original La Fabrica in Girona, is probably the best coffee Iā€™ve ever had (at least to my tastes anyway)

1 Like

They use the same coffee here, harumph :wink:

Did you visit Espresso Mafia and Federal, too?
(Federal in Manchester is great brunch and coffee, as is the one on Barcelona - though they are all unrelated)

Nopeā€¦ but theyā€™re now on my list! :grinning:

1 Like

I remember the last time we were in San Francisco on holiday (rather than the usual work PA area) and a guy the hotel suggested there was good coffee at ā€˜Cafe Grecoā€™. We looked it up and it seemed like a typical touristy ā€˜Italianā€™ cafe but we took a chance one morning and the coffee really was very good and had a good sprinkling of Italians in there.

There is a great Italian place in Leicharddt, Sydney called ā€˜Bar Italiaā€™ and when you walk in there is a bloody great sign that says ā€˜NO SOY, NO SKIM, NO DECAFFā€™ :laughing:

Is this turning into the ultimate humblebrag thread? :rofl:

Back when i was working for Vogue in Milan yahhhh, i only ever drank coffee roasted by actual dragons. But then again after travelling the tributaries of the Pantanal, i now only ever drink indiginous cold pressed coffee from the banks of the village i stayed at.

:rofl::rofl:

10 Likes

To take this back to the start - coffee bags not rated. So for a quick, convenient cuppa, what are the best rated instant coffees? I will pick up a tin of Azera when itā€™s on offer, any other options?

The Kenco Milicano is similar, but I prefer the Azera one. I couldnā€™t honestly say why though, so it may be a perception and/or the design of the tin!

Yeah i quite like both of those. The Lā€™or instant stuff i quite like as well. Iā€™m not super fussy. I normally have one ā€˜properā€™ coffee in the morning, and then instant stuff for the rest of the day, and most of that is decaff.

Dont anyone just drink fucking Nescafe FFS

3 Likes

In some places Nescafe is the posh stuff !

Did a cycling holiday in Turkey a long time ago and out in the sticks they would insist we had the Nescafe when I wanted the proper Turkish coffee.

1 Like

That hideous brown crap?
You are joking, right?
I mean, I know youā€™ve made sacrifices to educate your child, but Iā€™d rather drink water than that crap.

2 Likes

Ah, but did you find the source of the Limpopo?

1 Like